Just pulled the trigger on a new 2013 WRX Lmited hatch...my grin won't go away - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just pulled the trigger on a new 2013 WRX Lmited hatch...my grin won't go away within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks very much guys. I'm curious about tire selection for those of you who live in 4-season areas. Do you ...

Thanks very much guys. I'm curious about tire selection for those of you who live in 4-season areas. Do you switch out the stock tires for all-season and run them year-round or get an extra set of wheels and dedicated snows for winter? I'm in in Cincinnati and we really don't get much snow here. When we do, it seems to melt off fairly quickly. When I was living in Wisconsin, well, that's a totally different story. I'm considering just going with a good set of all-season's but I love the grip and quietness of the stock Dunlop summer tires so I'd prefer using them in the warmer months.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Many of us do have a second set of tires. If you don't really have to deal with snow then you could probably be fine with a set of all seasons as your second set.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Winter tires are not just for snow. If you live anywhere where temps dip below 50 degrees it would be wise to get a set of winters. The stock summers are no good in cold temps.

Most of us run two sets of tires. Not a big fan of all seasons. They tend to be equally bad in the cold & the heat.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Agreed with the above comments. Two sets of wheels and tires makes converting between summer and winter mode much easier, as well as ensuring you always have the best possible tire for the conditions on your car. Barring a snow storm in early October or something, when most people probably still have the summer tires on.

Given that you don't get a lot of snow, you'd probably be a good candidate for a set of performance winter tires such as the Dunlop SP Winter Sport. It's a quite capable winter tire, but doesn't sacrifice as much dry performance as something like the General Altimax.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12