Had my heart set on a 2013 Accord V6 6MT coupe but now considering a WRX... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Had my heart set on a 2013 Accord V6 6MT coupe but now considering a WRX... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TheJ If I have a REALLY good year, I just might have one in time for CF. ...

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    If I have a REALLY good year, I just might have one in time for CF. If not,then probably not. I love how you think though.

Ps then we could do some faux-rally racing on your farm that you'll have just in time for CF.

ps ps In fact.. we could move CF to your farm! How awesome would that be. It'll be bigger than Woodstock.
    That is an amazing idea!!! I'll see what I can bring to fruition! /hijack

Back on topic: WRX WRX WRX
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome to ClubWRX!

I suggest precisely what you are currently exploring: test drive both vehicles and determine which fits you best. The WRX will offer in performance what the Accord does not: both in the twisties and straight line with the newer models). However, the Accord will be clearly superior in terms of reliability, tech, and interior quality.
    I agree with everything Zax wrote. As a current Accord owner (2006 coupe), I can highly vouch for the supremely good gas mileage and reliability, though Hondas do get very expensive to maintain, at least in my experience, after 60,000 miles. The performance is not up to snuff, correct, but they are still fun to drive as a DD. I test drove the new Accord 2-door and Accord Sport and wasn't overly impressed with either of them. I ordered a WRX.

The tech will be better than Subaru, but was not up to par with the competition as far as Sat Nav is concerned. The rest of it is good, but not even close to the new Mazda 6 or Hyundai Sonata. Those two specifically blow all Hondas out of the water, IMO.

I think the WRX is the way to go, though. Like many on here will confirm, performance > luxury/amenities.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I had an older Accord coupe--nice car, really peppy, even the 4-cylinder. I am impressed with the new Accords, and having had many Hondas can vouch for their reliability. My 2005 CR-V, which I just gave to my daughter, is going past 150K miles without any major issues except having to have rear brake rotors replaced.

But, the WRX is faster and better handling. It also has 4-wheel drive, which for someone who lives in the midwest means never having to worry about the weather. 4WD >> FWD when it snows. Also, the WRX is more versatile--4 doors, functional and comfortable back seats, much more cargo storage, easily carries bikes, kayaks and whatever. It really is a do-anything vehicle. As well as blowing away most of the competition performance-wise.

I won't comment on fit/finish/style, etc. You either like Subies and accept them for what they are or you don't. I really like the new Accord coupes and even the latest model Accord sedans, but a lot of recent Honda stylings are bland and don't do anything for me. Especially the Crosstour and CR-V.

I Support ClubWRX
    For the record I was definitely not impressed with the Honda 6 speed MT.. two major repairs while I owned it. Both covered but still..
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Though I own a 2005 STI, I've driven both of your contenders.

My "aunt" has a new Accord V6, 6spd...and while it is nice, it's still bland. The Honda manuals have always been butter...but this generation seems to be a bit more bland compared to the one it replaced. Plus, that much power to the front wheels makes for some pretty insane torque steer. You can't argue with Honda reliability and build quality...but I just don't care for it since driving a Subaru.

The WRX will be hands down better in the winter (with a good set of winter tires)...the AWD will be excellent in your Ohio winters. The fun factor will be 20-fold that of an Accord...that alone means more to me with a car than any amount of gadgets and bling factor, etc. Ergo why I drive a 2005 STI...bout as mundane of an interior as you can get, and I don't have any regrets.

So...drive both, figure out what you like, and go from there. If you want to really enjoy your driving experience everytime you jump in the seat...get a WRX. If you don't care about that...go for the Accord.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Best argument for a WRX:

How can you resist a face like that??

All the feedback has been terrific. I appreciate the honest opinions as well as the biased ones! If it would ever stop raining here in Cincy, I can get to the freaking Subie dealer and get behind the wheel of a WRX. If not tonight, tomorrow for sure. My next step is to check on insurance rates. I just switched over to State Farm from Safeco, and for maximum coverage on my current Accord, I'm only paying $45 a month. Fingers crossed that they won't kill me too much on the new rate quote. Thanks again for the replies. This sounds like a great community, and I'll certainly share good news in the future if the test drive sways me over to the good side

One other question. For those of you who bought brand new WRX's, have you had much luck negotiating with the dealers on price? I know WRX's tend to hold their value so I'm guessing it might not be easy haggling them down much. On the Accord V6 coupe that I nearly bought, I was able to get 14% off MSRP before TT&L which is as low as I've ever been able to negotiate on a car in the past. What kind of prices have you been paying, specifically on the Limited models?

Cars for Sale: 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback in Columbus, OH 43228: Hatchback Details - 350462594 - AutoTrader.com

This particular WRX caught my eye and is well within driving distance (the hatch version seems hard to find even in a big city like Cincinnati). It has some options thrown in like the STI short shifter, navi, etc. at about a grand off MSRP. Of course, I'd never pay asking price so some haggling would be involved. I'm just starting my search at this point.

That's not a terrible price for the top-o-the-line Premium (I think its a Premium...that or the Limited...whichever)...go for all the haggling you want! Can't hurt to try.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12