Hello from the Pacific Northwest!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello from the Pacific Northwest! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Everyone! My name is Jeremy and I traded in my much loved but admittedly underwhelming 2007 Tiburon for a ...

Hello from the Pacific Northwest!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jeremy and I traded in my much loved but admittedly underwhelming 2007 Tiburon for a WR Rally Blue 2013 WRX hatch. It doesn't arrive until 8/2, but I wanted to introduce myself and get a jump-start on learning all that the forum has to offer. I've loved these cars for a long time and decided the time was right. Helps that my speed-junkie girlfriend also loves them I'm located in the Greater Seattle area and also wanted to know if there are any meet-ups in the area; we had a pretty good car scene with a great group of people in Orlando (where I just moved from) so I'm hoping Seattle has something similar. Cheers!

-Jeremy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi, welcome, congrats.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Hey welcome, I live in Orlando be honest with you I haven't really seen any group of people who loves cars around here or any meet ups which part of Orlando were you live in?

Quote Originally Posted by Formula156 View Post
    Hey welcome, I live in Orlando be honest with you I haven't really seen any group of people who loves cars around here or any meet ups which part of Orlando were you live in?
    I used to live in East Orlando by UCF, my Alma mater. UCF has it's own car club, and there was a group called Orlandoforums that had weekly meets, and a Central Florida Tiburon group that would meet in Lake Mary. Just need to know where to look
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club! The majority of Clubdub members are around the east coast unfortunately, but there are a few of us out West such as myself, T0rque, and 03WRX_YELLOW.

Not sure about Seattle meets, but check out the NW forum here: North Western States

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome from NJ!

Love the greater Seattle area. I have family out there. Beautiful part of the country, you're going to love it. Enjoy the forum. You'll definitely find anything you'll need on here. Good luck on finding meets, I'm sure there are a bunch out there. Washington is a Subaru heavy state from what I've heard.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Thanks, guys! I have already found a wealth of information on here that will help me with the Rex along the way. I will definitely see what's going on in the NW section. And yes, Washington is a VERY Subaru-heavy state: they are everywhere! We rarely had any in Florida. But is is beautiful up here; I love it!

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Alright, the Rex is coming in soon (8 days!) and during my multiple test drives, I got so into the driving of the car that I completely forgot to test out the radio that every speaks poorly of. Being an audiophile with a nice modern and vintage rig, I don't expect great sound from a car stereo, but I want it to at least sound decent for tunes. Searching threads it seems some people say the stock head unit is the issue and replacing that will do great with the stock speakers, while others say the head unit AND speakers need to go. Which is it? I'm trying to figure out how much I need to budget for the radio, because there are a few other items I want to improve upon as well but the radio will be a priority if it's as bad as people say. Thanks!
    -Jeremy

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Alright, the Rex is coming in soon (8 days!) and during my multiple test drives, I got so into the driving of the car that I completely forgot to test out the radio that every speaks poorly of. Being an audiophile with a nice modern and vintage rig, I don't expect great sound from a car stereo, but I want it to at least sound decent for tunes. Searching threads it seems some people say the stock head unit is the issue and replacing that will do great with the stock speakers, while others say the head unit AND speakers need to go. Which is it? I'm trying to figure out how much I need to budget for the radio, because there are a few other items I want to improve upon as well but the radio will be a priority if it's as bad as people say. Thanks!
    -Jeremy
    Start with the headunit. See how that works. The extra power to the speakers does wonders. That being said, the stock speakers are anything but great, but I would put in a subwoofer with an amp (along with the HU) before I did the speakers. You take the bass away from them and the power from the new HU and they will do fine.

Hello, Welcome and congrats and the new WRX.

Is the waiting game killing you?

I Support ClubWRX
    We have some cool members from the PNW. One of the mods here started this for the PNW region:

NWMOTIV.com About | NWMOTIV.com | Northwest Automotive Lifestyle Online Magazine
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast