Hello from the Pacific Northwest! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Hello from the Pacific Northwest! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Zitro Very nice! I loved my Tibby and the KDM scene, but it was time to move ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post

Very nice! I loved my Tibby and the KDM scene, but it was time to move on. I actually almost stayed KDM and got a Genesis Coupe, but the WRX made my soul stir unlike any other car I'd driven, and I love the versatility it has vs most other sports cars. I know I'm going to love this car for years to come. Maybe I'll see you around; I'm definitely hoping I can find some car meets in the area!
    I too almost went with a Genny lol but I wouldn't be able to avoid stancing it cuz they look so good all stanced out! Unfortunately where I live that would put me right back in the same predicament I had with my Koup so I went with the WRX and am most likely keeping it up off the ground lol hoping to do a rally inspired build. The WRX definitely is quicker and more fun to drive although it may not look quite as good as the genny but thats ok cuz it is still a nice looking little hatch!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So I just refilled my gas tank for the first time, and the trip computer read 21.6 mpg's overall, and I thought ok, not too bad. I just looked up the size of the fuel tank though, and it's 17 gallons! I bought the car with a full tank of gas, and the light came on at 300 miles. That's only 17-18 mpg, and I've been babying the car since I'm still in the break-in period! Is something wrong? This doesn't at all sound normal...this was with a good mix of highway and city driving also, while never exceeding 4k rpms per the manual...
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I Support ClubWRX
    Well you likely didn't hit the end of the tank. The tank size on the '11+ models is 16.9 gallons. At its current rating of EPA est 25 MPG, that's a max range of 422.5 miles. It's unlikely you ran it dry so check out how many gallons you filled up with and divide the 300 miles by that. You should get a similar, if not exactly the same, calculation as your trip computer. Also when the light comes on, tanks usually are nowhere near empty, in my current car ('06Honda Accord) the light comes on at 14 gallons used in a 17.1 gallon tank. All car companies do this so you'll have ample time to get to a station.
    Last edited by ShiftingLanes; 08-04-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Also, something else to consider is that babying a car does not guarantee good fuel consumption. A very slow acceleration at low RPMs could actually use more fuel than if you we're to accelerate a little faster and reach your cruising speed quicker. Honestly, with that car, I'd be ecstatic getting 300+ miles in one tank. I know you're still in the break in period, but give it a while. You'll see more consistent results over time.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Haha, I have been consistently averaging 25mpgs in mine and I have had it a little over a month now. The key for me is that when I am just cruising on the freeway and not in a hurry I try to keep the rpms at or below 2500 as the boost kicks in around 2750 I think. When I cruised up to Formula Drift it was 6 hours of driving round trip and I got 29.4 mpgs which was very nice. Now if I exceed 2700 rpms my mpgs drop significantly, for example I went 35miles @70 mph and only got 23mpg. Also town driving kills it so I avoid taking routes with more stop lights.
    I hope you didn't buy this car for mpgs, it is definitely not designed for that but is much more for fun and driving experience.

I drove down to Portland and back a couple weekends ago. On the way there, I was going.... really fast. On the way back I did 70-75 pretty much the whole way. I did 375 miles on the same tank and the computer said 28.3 mpg when I got back.

Of course, driving to and from work in straight city driving... I get 17 mpg.

You got 28mpgs going over 70mph? That is awesome! Mine doesn't get anything near that when driving that fast lol.

You don't have the Cobb Accessport do you? I know it has a fuel savings map you can get, just curious.

My second tank netted 24.7 mpg using the miles driven/gallons filled method. It did include a good chunk of highway driving though. The low fuel light comes on with over 3 gallons of fuel left apparently, as I could only fill 13.5 gallons till full after the light came on.

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Yeah you have tons of miles left after the light comes on lol. Hey if you have an android phone you should download the acar app, you can track all of your car expenses and it will calculate all of your mileage and a bunch of other stuff, it is a pretty indepth car app and best of all ITS FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by KOUPATROOPA View Post
    You got 28mpgs going over 70mph? That is awesome! Mine doesn't get anything near that when driving that fast lol.

You don't have the Cobb Accessport do you? I know it has a fuel savings map you can get, just curious.

No, I'm completely stock. The computer said 28.3, but dividing the trip mileage by the gallons filled up was 28.5 so it was definitely fairly accurate.

I just found my Tiburon's for sale ad at the dealership I traded her in for for the Rex. Damn, they made a nice profit off of me. I only got $3k, selling her for $7500. The tranny idd need a rebuild, wheel hub bearings replaced, complete brake job, and new tires. They used this to justify the trade offer, but they didn'e even put new tires on the car; those are the same damn worn out ones I gave them! Now part of me feels like an ******* lol. Damn stealerships.

Used 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS For Sale in Auburn WA | Vin: | Near Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, and Tacoma

LOL yeah I found my Forte Koup at my local dealership for sale for $18k but they only gave me $11k. The funniest part is that brand new I only paid $16,413 lol. I guess a vinyl wrapped roof, lowering springs, and nice wheels make it more saleable cuz they sold it within a month haha.

I don't really sit around revving my car so I didn't notice it today until I let my bonehead neighbor drive my car today (with me inside, or course) since he's never driven a WRX before. He was in neutral and revved the engine up at a stop sign (I let him have it; we're not 16 and this isn't a Civic), but I noticed when he did it that there is a pretty prominent shake when the engine is revved in neutral. We switched so I could see if he just did something odd, but it did it when I revved it, too. Is this normal? If so, why? Felt like my motor mounts were made of silly putty. No other car I've had or driven in except my uncles '71 Mach 1 with the Cobra Jet 429, and well, it's to be expected in that car lol.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    I don't really sit around revving my car so I didn't notice it today until I let my bonehead neighbor drive my car today (with me inside, or course) since he's never driven a WRX before. He was in neutral and revved the engine up at a stop sign (I let him have it; we're not 16 and this isn't a Civic), but I noticed when he did it that there is a pretty prominent shake when the engine is revved in neutral. We switched so I could see if he just did something odd, but it did it when I revved it, too. Is this normal? If so, why? Felt like my motor mounts were made of silly putty. No other car I've had or driven in except my uncles '71 Mach 1 with the Cobra Jet 429, and well, it's to be expected in that car lol.
    Flat 4.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Flat 4.
    Thinking about the engine layout, that does actually make sense....fair enough, so long as it's normal! Gracias.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123