Hello from the Pacific Northwest! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello from the Pacific Northwest! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, Natalya CAME IN EARLY! Drove her home yesterday with a stupid grin on my face the whole time! Such a unique driving experience. The stock radio HAS to go though lol. Now for the eye candy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 994530_10151506186567050_727779205_n.jpg   1077077_10151505987352050_738213476_o.jpg  
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I actually proposed to my wife at that beach
    Find a low-mileage one-owner unmodified '04/'05 and you're golden.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydingeman View Post
    I actually proposed to my wife at that beach
    And my name is also Jeremy....this is weird.....lol. The Seattle area is beautiful!

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Well, Natalya CAME IN EARLY! Drove her home yesterday with a stupid grin on my face the whole time! Such a unique driving experience. The stock radio HAS to go though lol. Now for the eye candy!
    The Big 2011/2012 Mod thread

It still won't be a great stereo, but the extra options may be enough to hold you over til you replace the head unit.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks guys! OK, well, the car is beautiful, after the mod the radio is tolerable for now, and being good during the break-in period is taking a lot of restraint. Anyways, I LOVE the paint on this car, and want to preserve it as long as possible. I believe the dealership waxed it before giving it to me. But next weekend, I think I'm gonna clay bar and wax the car. What wax do you guys use/recommend? Also, have any of you gotten the 3M paint protection/invisible bra? Want to see if it is worth it.

What? No one waxes their cars? Lol also, I went for a leisure drive today (trying to get past this damn 1000 mile break in) and noticed that while I'm stopped, the engine not necessarily rough, but imagine the feeling of an engine misfire, but a lesser degree of that. It does that every few seconds while idling. RPM's hold steady at around 700 rpms. Is this a normal part of the break-in, or something I should be concerned with?

I Support ClubWRX
    I only use griots garage products. I used to use meguiars and while they make a great product I've just had better results with griots

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I will definitely look into it. I want to clay bar her and wax next weekend.

Anyone have comments on the idling issue? Anyone else have this experience?

That Idle is normal. Mine does the same thing. I think once you go stage 1 it gets better. Someone else can probably speak more to that than me. I'm completely stock. I love the way the boxer sounds, lumps and all. Nice car BTW.

Welcome! I too came over from the KDM community, great group of people and cars but I needed AWD and have always loved Subbies! I actually headed up our NW KDM chapter for a while and am still involved with them but slowly working myself into the Subbie world. Anyways, have fun with your new ride, I love my WRX and I know you will too! Oh and maybe I will see ya around the NW sometime, I live a couple hours south of you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Idle is normal for an H4

Quote Originally Posted by Dvold View Post
    That Idle is normal. Mine does the same thing. I think once you go stage 1 it gets better. Someone else can probably speak more to that than me. I'm completely stock. I love the way the boxer sounds, lumps and all. Nice car BTW.
    Thanks! I'm gonna be stock a while; thanks for 60k warranty lol

Quote Originally Posted by KOUPATROOPA View Post
    Welcome! I too came over from the KDM community, great group of people and cars but I needed AWD and have always loved Subbies! I actually headed up our NW KDM chapter for a while and am still involved with them but slowly working myself into the Subbie world. Anyways, have fun with your new ride, I love my WRX and I know you will too! Oh and maybe I will see ya around the NW sometime, I live a couple hours south of you.
    Very nice! I loved my Tibby and the KDM scene, but it was time to move on. I actually almost stayed KDM and got a Genesis Coupe, but the WRX made my soul stir unlike any other car I'd driven, and I love the versatility it has vs most other sports cars. I know I'm going to love this car for years to come. Maybe I'll see you around; I'm definitely hoping I can find some car meets in the area!

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Idle is normal for an H4
    OK, perhaps I'm just being paranoid then. I sometimes over-think things ,and am very protective over the WRX lol. I love how unapologetically rough around the edges the WRX's are; the car has a ton of character. Too many 2013 cars I drove before deciding on the WRX seemed so detached; they are too "smooth", too modernized, to retain that character the WRX still has. I hope Subaru doesn't botch the new generation and refine it too much.

I Support ClubWRX
    You drove the car off the lot.. Warranty is void.. Mod away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast