Just bought 2010 wrx

This is a discussion on Just bought 2010 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey im new to wrx. I'm wondering what mods i can start doing but i have a 7 year 10000mile ...

Just bought 2010 wrx

Hey im new to wrx. I'm wondering what mods i can start doing but i have a 7 year 10000mile warranty so i cant go crazy.
    I have a cartboy throw shift and a oil and boost gauge so far.
    Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What part of the car do you feel is lacking? You could start out with suspension mods that are considered to be "safer".
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

^ like he said. Before I got my car I bought a lot of parts because of what I read on forums. Now that I have the car I regret buying so many things as I have enjoyed my car in stock form.

I agree, i had a mazda 6 and bought stupid **** too.
    What i feel the car lacks is low end power. This is going to be my daily driver and like i said i meed to keep my warranty so im not sure if there is much i can do.

Not sure what would help with that without losing your warranty. Maybe some more sticky tires will help you take off better.

I don't think its the tires, I'm not really getting any slippage or spinning. O well, i didn't think there was anything I could do

Quote Originally Posted by ericmc1220 View Post
    I agree, i had a mazda 6 and bought stupid **** too.
    What i feel the car lacks is low end power. This is going to be my daily driver and like i said i meed to keep my warranty so im not sure if there is much i can do.
    You're feeling the turbo lag. The only way to mod to reduce that involves tuning and aftermarket parts, so if you are concerned about your extended warranty that might not be ideal.

Otherwise, just get used to driving the car in it's powerband. If I want to move, I don't bother with anything less than about 2700 rpms.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Voiding your warranty can depend on how "mod" friendly your dealer is. Mine told me as long as I keep the stock parts I'm free to mod any thing, even tuning. They even gave me recommended shops to get work done at. I also bought the extended warranty, so I guess before you rule out modding any thing, talk to your sales rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoob1318 View Post
    Voiding your warranty can depend on how "mod" friendly your dealer is. Mine told me as long as I keep the stock parts I'm free to mod any thing, even tuning. They even gave me recommended shops to get work done at. I also bought the extended warranty, so I guess before you rule out modding any thing, talk to your sales rep.
    I'd talk to the service dept, not the sales rep, about what mods they're comfortable.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I would possibly go with an accessport. There's debate on this because u can flash back to the factory mapping. So whether they would notice im not sure, but I doubt they would.

Turboback would be the best mod, but u could only do catback which would be minimal gains, if anything at all. Unless u just want the sound.

I also have a 2010 wrx sedan, and I feel it has plenty of power. I do plan on stage 2, cuz I have no warranty. Just staying in boost is the key, which means downshifting to get your rpms in boost range. This helps keep the lag to a minimum. Maybe that will help some.