Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I am fairly new to the Subaru community and have just bought my first WRX. I bought a new ...

Hi,
    I am fairly new to the Subaru community and have just bought my first WRX. I bought a new 2013 WRX STI a few days ago and am loving the car already and look forward to some mountain driving. I live in Atlanta and only have a short drive to the North Georgia Mountains where there are many curves and elevation changes that make driving a car like this FUN!

Why am I here?
    Well to be honest, I love cars! We traded in my wife's 2014 Forester XT Touring to get me my STI. I gave her my 2013 Charger SRT8 (490HP with mods) because she just loved the power of the V8. I like handling and have auto crossed in the past so I have an appreciation of "control". I feel like I can always learn more and would like to help others if I can. So forgive me for my stupid question post right now because I know that I don't know everything!

Cars of my past....
    Evo 10, it was love hate relationship that HATE finally won and it was sold!
    Civic SI, loved it but wife wanted something new.
    VW's of all make and model and even a TDI Cup.
    Mustangs, SVO's, 5.0's, and even a 2013 GT that would NOT handle to save my life.
    68 Mustang, in garage now
    69 Camaro, in garage now
    12 Jeep Wrangler JKU BUILT, in garage now
    Harley...hope to sell soon to buy go fast stuff for my STI!

I look forward to my new Subaru adventure!

thanks,
    Phillip

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome! Nice little car list you got going there!

Any ideas of what you intend to do with the STI?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome. What went wrong with the Evo?

Not sure yet. Hit 100 miles last night. I was driving last night and noticed the car felt twitchy but thought it was me, you know new car and all. So I went home and checked the air in the tires and all had 37-38psi in them. I looked on the door and it says 33 front and 32 rear....I lowered the air pressure accordingly and the car drives much more stable. On that drive I noticed that it felt like it was pulling to the right. I'm like, WTF. I drove around for about 15 minutes and took it home. Calling the dealership today to have them check the alignment. Not the best start for new car ownership.

thanks,
    Phillip

Nothing with the car I just did not like it. It was hard to live with on a daily basis. NO power unless you were full on boost, VERY loud with stock exhaust, seats were not comfortable at all. I drove the car from Atlanta to Tail of the Dragon, completely wore out the tires and then got rid of it. That trip taught me that I could not live with the car. Oh, the one big that on the EVO that always annoyed me was that the spoiler was right were the car behind you was, you knew a car was there but could never see it....

The Subie is much more comfortable so far but time will tell. Planning a light mountain run this weekend to get familiar with the new car if I can get it to drive straight.

Hello All,

I just got my wrx today and looking forward to hangout here more often.

2013 Subaru WRX limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo8u2 View Post
    Not sure yet. Hit 100 miles last night. I was driving last night and noticed the car felt twitchy but thought it was me, you know new car and all. So I went home and checked the air in the tires and all had 37-38psi in them. I looked on the door and it says 33 front and 32 rear....I lowered the air pressure accordingly and the car drives much more stable. On that drive I noticed that it felt like it was pulling to the right. I'm like, WTF. I drove around for about 15 minutes and took it home. Calling the dealership today to have them check the alignment. Not the best start for new car ownership.

thanks,
    Phillip
    Congrats Phillip!!

After reading this post it made me wonder.....

Did you lower the air pressure right after driving the car when you found 37 - 38 lbs air in the tires? If so, dropping them to 32 - 33 might have been too low. Depending on the air temp, driving, and distance....tires will gain pressure when hot. They might be too low now.

You've probably thought of this, but just in case I thought I'd toss it out there. Again, congrats and welcome!!

Red
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Wow, nice car collection you have there! Get some old school Mopar to complete your classic muscle collection! I must say, I am fairly biased, but I think you'll drive a Mopar more

Post pics of them all!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Yes, I thought of that also, thanks for the feedback. I took the car into Stivers Subaru this morning and they found that the car was out of alignment. Don't know how that happened in a boat trip plus 4 miles but it can happen.

The car drives GREAT now. Very happy! Look out North GA Mountains!

thanks,
    Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by XRedJar View Post
    Congrats Phillip!!

After reading this post it made me wonder.....

Did you lower the air pressure right after driving the car when you found 37 - 38 lbs air in the tires? If so, dropping them to 32 - 33 might have been too low. Depending on the air temp, driving, and distance....tires will gain pressure when hot. They might be too low now.

You've probably thought of this, but just in case I thought I'd toss it out there. Again, congrats and welcome!!

Red
    -Phillip
    2013 WRX STI WRB

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club!
    As somebody who lives in the ATL area and who's had both a Charger SRT8 and a stage 2 STi, the STi is way more fun to drive IMHO. Especially on anything that is not a clean, dry, straight piece of pavement.
    Enjoy
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I agree, I took the Charger SRT8 to Tail of the Dragon last month. It was fun but it was like wrestling a bear! It was heavy and you never new when it was going to bite your head off!

Both cars are in the driveway now so I'll be able to continue to contrast them but since the alignment is fixed on the STI it drives really nice. I was trying to figure out a way to describe the contrast between the two rides and I came up with this.

The SRT8 is like a Machete and the STI is like a surgeons scalpel!

Enjoy the RIDE!
    -Phillip
    2013 WRX STI WRB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast