The first time I drove a WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on The first time I drove a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax Welcome to ClubWRX! If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that this requires nothing ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome to ClubWRX!

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that this requires nothing more than a re-calibration of your butt dyno. A 2.5L 4 cylinder just isn't going to pull in the low revs like your 5.7L LS1. Plain and simple.
    After a few days in the seat I agree with you. It's my (lack of) technique. I'm getting smoother now. My TA is an automatic but the last manual I had was a V8 Dodge Dakota. I'm sure the flywheels alone have a massive weight difference.
    Last edited by WS6roars; 07-09-2013 at 05:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Welcome!

Love love love F-Body's so if you feel the urge to post a pic or two of it I won't complain

Like Zax said, that hesitation you're feeling is probably something you will have to adjust to. These cars don't get "fast" until the 3.5k and up RPM range. That being said Cobb STG 1 will do a lot to smooth out the powerband in general. I would recommend looking into Torqued Performance STG 1 with Rom Raider and a Tactix cable though. I just feel like that is a much more personal tune than the AP can give.
    Here's one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0045-1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	114886

As you can see I don't have an issue with hood scoops.
    Last edited by WS6roars; 07-09-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6roars View Post
    I was set on changing the base head unit from the start, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as people say. I mean I listen to speed metal on 11 all the time and while this is a bit muddy when it's cranked it's not that bad. Now I'm wondering if I should have just gotten the NAV and subwoofer from the factory...
    There are some inexplicably difficult to access settings for the stock stereo that may help:

The Big 2011/2012 Mod thread
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12