New here 05 wrx - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New here 05 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I kinda want that cobb tuner. Its a little pricy but it looks like it has some neat features such ...

I kinda want that cobb tuner. Its a little pricy but it looks like it has some neat features such as launch control and 0-60.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Also if I get a Cobb tuner would it fix my low idle/ other problem at boost? Thats the question im asking myself. IF it wouldn't that would be an expensive 500 bucks.

I Support ClubWRX
    The Accessport is only a device for loading maps onto your car and monitoring data. If you get a pro tuner to design a map for your car they can load it onto that device and you can flash it to your car too. I would think your best bet would be to contact the guy that did all the modifications and get a full list of what is on there (because we all like to keep lists) and then go from there. With an aftermarket turbo, there are really no off the shelf maps that can go on the car. I would probably take a road trip to the nearest tuner shop (even if it is not that close) and have them take a look at the car and give you some advice.

Thanks for the advice. I am searching for the guy, atm.. Idk if the guy i bought it off of has his number

I Support ClubWRX
    No prob...I don't want to get you paranoid, and make you not excited about your new purchase. It is a beautiful car and is most likely ok, but (I would) you would probably feel better knowing exactly what you have on your hands before something goes wrong. Unfortunately sometimes when people mod their cars they offload a bunch of parts before they sell them and don't consider the people that will be buying them. These cars are finicky and things can go wrong fast if they are not cared for.

yeah, Im going to clean my MAF, change oil (royal purple synthetic good?), and spark plugs and see what that does.

Il try to make a video of the car, what it does at idle, and what it does at boost. for a better explanation.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McMuscle3 View Post
    yeah, Im going to clean my MAF, change oil (royal purple synthetic good?), and spark plugs and see what that does.
    Royal purple would be fine...just follow the specs that the car calls for. I used royal purple for a while but now use amsoil. Lot's of differing opinions on oil (motul, reline, amsoil all popular), but as long as you follow factory specs you will be golden.

Thanks! Will do

So would all I need is that tactrix 2.0? It's like 170 bucks on the website, I may order it

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McMuscle3
    So would all I need is that tactrix 2.0? It's like 170 bucks on the website, I may order it
    To datalog, yes. But you'd want to get the reflash connector (there's a drop-down menu on the right side of the page), as well, in case you decide you want to go the e-tune route or need to pull/modify the map for any reason.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    To datalog, yes. But you'd want to get the reflash connector (there's a drop-down menu on the right side of the page), as well, in case you decide you want to go the e-tune route or need to pull/modify the map for any reason.
    Yeah, it's like 7 bucks so I would add it too lol

nice car I really love that front end (not wanting to start a war but I like it best) maybe my subie didnt hear me

Welcome and good luck!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I like the front end of the cars like mine more so then the newer ones also. It looks "beefier".. just cleaned my MAF, about to test run and see if it changed anything

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast