New here 05 wrx - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New here 05 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Greddy turbo, hks bov, turbo timer inside set to 3 minutes, injen intake and filter, boost guage as well, 3" exhaust from turbo back, thats all the performance parts/info I can see from a quick look

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McMuscle3
    What do you mean by data logs? Show the codes for a check engine light and other things like that?
    OPENSOURCE TUNING: Your questions answered here!!! RomRaider + Tactrix

Take some time to read the sticky threads in each forum subsection. They contain answers to a bunch of the basic questions you typically will ask.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yeah, Iv already been on this sticky reading some. im trying to finish it up now

Whats your opinion on going back to the dealership and having them reset my computer back to stock and go from there?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McMuscle3 View Post
    Whats your opinion on going back to the dealership and having them reset my computer back to stock and go from there?
    Not really an option with those parts on your car.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Not really an option with those parts on your car.
    I was afraid of that.. I wish there was someone kinda local to where they could run the scan and tune it. I stay sooo busy between college and work I dont hardly have time to read up on everything about tuning, and I do not want to mess up my ecu. Il keep searching for somewhere local. Bristol, (Bristol Raceway) is an hour away from me, so I would think some tuning shops would be up near that way?

I Support ClubWRX
    Where are you located?

Tazewell, Va... Its a small nobody town

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Depends on what your goals are. If you have a laptop and want to go opensource tune then buy a tactrix. If you want to get off the shelf maps and a convenient/compact data logger, then go AP. Chances are your car already has a tune on it, and since you mentioned that you have an aftermarket turbo/BOV you probably are past the off the shelf stage. Regardless, you will want a way to log data. Tactrix is probably your best bet. It's surprising that there is not a wideband o2 sensor installed with a gauge, considering the mods on the car.

Oh there is a 02 sensor in my exhaust but it is not plug into anything. I believe this is the wideband 02 sensor your talking about. I just need a guage and whatever connector for it. I have a 3 gauge pod but no guages to go into it I have a cheap looking boost gauge on it currently. Btw if anyone has extra guages laying around pm me and I would like to take them off your hands if they work and are fairly cheap-er priced.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmm...I'm up north, so I can't suggest any locations, but maybe some other people from VA will have some suggestions.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McMuscle3 View Post
    Oh there is a 02 sensor in my exhaust but it is not plug into anything. I believe this is the wideband 02 sensor your talking about. I just need a guage and whatever connector for it. I have a 3 gauge pod but no guages to go into it I have a cheap looking boost gauge on it currently. Btw if anyone has extra guages laying around pm me and I would like to take them off your hands if they work and are fairly cheap-er priced.
    I was going to say it looks like you have one coming off your downpipe. follow that wiring and see where it goes. It is possible that the guy has it wired to a serial port up through the glove box or something. If he does that could be connected to your laptop and you could monitor wideband o2 if you download software for it.

I know where Bristol is and there really isn't anything near there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Ah.. Wonderful...
    Here: this may be the wideband 02 sensor and exhaust temp. if I had to guess. Two different connector if you couldnt tell.

I Support ClubWRX
    In your #16 post, the wideband would be the second wire coming off the downpipe I believe. That is where my original WBo2 sensor was mounted (I have a 2011 so I don't know much about the 05's, but I think that it would be the same location).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast