Need Some Tips for Stage 1

This is a discussion on Need Some Tips for Stage 1 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Im from Orange County, CA and I have a 2013 WRX Premium Wagon that I just bought. I ...

Need Some Tips for Stage 1

Hey guys, Im from Orange County, CA and I have a 2013 WRX Premium Wagon that I just bought. I am looking to move to stage 1 on my car, but I need some help from the experts out there. I know very little about cars compared to others, but plan on changing that. I want to upgrade to stage 1, but I need some of you guys to help me with what I should do so I don' t screw my car up. I think I know what I need to do for the most part, but PLEASE help me out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Need Some Tips For Stage 1

I've got a 2013 wrx hathback and looking to move it to a stage 1. What do I need to do in order to stage 1 my wrx?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome. you need an accessport or a tatrix cable/laptop.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    PLEASE, break the car in first. You should put at least a 1,000 miles on the car, without going over 3500rpms. This is the proper way to break in these cars.

Stage 1 is a night and day experience, however you don't need any aftermarket parts for a Stage 1 tune. Some people get an intake and/or catback exhaust. I would recommend using Torqued Performance Stage 1 tune, I have it on my car for about 4 months now and I love it. At first you will be amazed of how much more balls the car has, but then a couple weeks pass and your car has adapted to the tune and it feels natural now.

Buy TP STG 1 + Tatrix cable+ PC w\Rom raider = Your car STG1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

^those responses.

for my car stage 1 felt a little torquier but then smoother powerband. Wasnt a huge upgrade but it was there. If youre going opensource tuning and an etune make sure you know how everything works first with the Romraider, Learning View, EcuFlash, etc. setup. You can brick your ECU in one bad flash and there goes your ride to work in the morning lol. Links to info on that in my signature. Also i would reccomend that your car is broken in properly and hopefully you realize this can cause warranty problems. Also there are other E-tuners out there and you can also get a protune. The Cobb AP can also have a protune saved to it and then you can also use the AP to log and monitor.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

If you're only looking to move to stage 1 right now, the only requirement would be a Cobb AP.. or a tactrix cable and opensource tune. If you're not happy with the gains from the Cobb stage 1 map, you can always purchase an e-tune from a company like Torqued Performance --> Torqued Performance

Make sure to see what additional mods are supported by a generic OTS map before adding them to your car. Some parts like an intake, downpipe, or ebcs require specific/custom maps to function safely. Others like a lightweight crank pulley, or air/oil separator do not. Plan ahead, ask questions, and search through this forum as there are many knowledgeable people here.

If you going stage 1 it is very simple. Make sure your car i spast the break in period first. Buy a Cobb Access Port like stated above. Their basic Off The Shelf (OTS) maps are a very nice difference compared to stock.

Like Liquid said if your not happy with them which you might be for a week. Buy Eric Torqued performance maps. For stage 1/2 package it is $145 I think and his Tune for the Access port is night and day compared to Cobb's.

Stage 1 is very simple, so is stage 2 if you know how to install the DP.

Have fun.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

I Support ClubWRX
    Merged threads.
    Please do not create duplicate threads.

Thanks
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Stage 1 is a tune. Can be used in conjunction with a catback or an intake, but those are not required.

If you DO get an intake, a tune WILL be required though. CBE doesn't require any tune.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying