hi Im the new guy
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hi Im the new guy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, I'm Jon. I have a background in auto repair/ motorcycle repair/ and computer repair. although i have been ...

hi Im the new guy

hey guys, I'm Jon. I have a background in auto repair/ motorcycle repair/ and computer repair. although i have been working on cars for years Subarus are rare and to be completely honest i never saw one in my shop or any others for that matter. I have always wanted to get a hold of one and earlier this week I was able to trade for rough bug eye(03 wrx) new engine, new lowering struts all around, stoptech brake kit, nvidia exhaust, nitrogen filled enkis on bald tires/a set of the stockers as well, an accessport tuner, an airmax intake?, there is chassis braces all over this thing as well but dono the brands as i haven't got the car in the air yet. the bad is i have had to change the drivers wheel bearing,cv axle already just to get it to roll down the road. i got to drive it to work yesterday and i notived that the pass side axle sounds like its probly out i also have an abs sensor out as well and i'm noticing poping and binding in slow parking or slow sharp turns almost like diff is locked i dono much about how the awd works in these yet but does it lock side to side when it senses wheelspin(abs sensor dead on one side). also full lock is into the aftermarket sway bar. any advice that'll save me diggin though stuff is welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

We're are you located? You could have an awesome deal or a giant turd. Hard to say. My fear would be that it has not been in the hands of smart people before it got to you. Your best bet may be to have a reputable Subaru tuner look at and give you an informed opinion.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I'm located in Waxahachie, tx. I'm not afraid to turn a wrench to get the car where I want it but it definatly needs to be drive able while I gather parts.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh, so yooouuu're the new guy! Welcome!

I recommend checking out the links in the J's signature above, even if you know what you're doing
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

Welcome, I just bought a 03 wrx 2 weeks ago as well!

nice meeting you boost good luck man i hope you car started a little cleaner/nicer than mine. will do shoopster I really need to do some specific learning on our cars, there is bound to be plenty of stuff that crosses over from previous experiences that i can use but i definitely need to do some research on to figure out what systems my car has and doesn't as well as how it works. there is a whole lot of info on here that i have already started sifting through and the forum seems to have quite a few knowledgeable guys.

alright guys just got the car out of the air it really isn't all that bad. front passenger cv is definitely on its way out gonna toss a new axle and wheel bearing and ball-joint in it this weekend, and some fresh rubber along with a good balancing. i need to figure out the if i can keep the front sway bar or not (its hitting tie rods maybe the bar or the end-links both are aftermarket soo,,,it could be either) you guys wouldn't happen to know of a kit that will replace all the piping/couplers for the tmic,post maf hose, and turbo inlet? (a couple of them have started crackin/dryrotting? think i'm losing boost from the one under the ic)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.