Can't wait to finish breaking in my '13 WRX.

This is a discussion on Can't wait to finish breaking in my '13 WRX. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's been 2 months and i got 600miles in my WRX. As i am near breaking it in. Should I ...

Can't wait to finish breaking in my '13 WRX.

It's been 2 months and i got 600miles in my WRX. As i am near breaking it in. Should I wait until my first oil change to let my baby rip and if so when should i oil change? some say i should oil change at 2k and some say 1.5k? Please give me some tips for i am new to Subies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Seems like the general consensus on here is there is nothing wrong with changing your oil at 1000 miles. That's only for added piece of mind. According to the manual, once you hit 1000 miles, with keeping it under 4k RPMs, you're ok to let it rip and it doesn't say anywhere that you would need to change your oil. 3500-5000 between oil changes seems to also be a general rule of thumb, but listen to your dealer. ask them. 7500 is also written in the manual for '11-'13 models. Go by the manual/dealer and you're golden.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Thanks Dude.

I've had my 2013 WRX for since 6/11 and it has 750 miles on it. You dont drive it at all!!! This week I even used my second car to keep the miles down

Wow, I've had mine 5 days and have put on 300 miles.

In any case, welcome I'm new too!

And personally, I don't think it makes a difference that you're ever going to see. There change the oil after initial startup and tested at manufacturing (as I've been told anyway, obviously never witnessed it) but it sounds like common practice from most manufactures. So most if not all of the manufacting bits have already been drained out. Certainly doesn't hurt anything but your wallet to get it changed that early though.

iH4
    Lol... had mine for almost 3 weeks and got 1500 miles and stage one map, lol.

Welcome btw!
    Time for AWD fun! CBS 2013 WRX Sedan - SoCal - OC

Welcome!
    I've had mine exactly one week and have roughly 400 miles on it, I also may or may not have gone up to 6k rpms once or twice

Well guys... I do car pool for work. I use my car to work every other week.. so..i am not really in a rush, but just wanted some opinions around here.