newbi has a problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on newbi has a problem within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi guys and girl im new to the site lol and have a question I own a 99 gc8 wrx ...

Cool newbi has a problem

hi guys and girl im new to the site lol and have a question I own a 99 gc8 wrx with a 2000 model motor and my idle has dropped to the point were its stalls I had a mate look at the idle solenoid sencor and he think that's the problem he pulled the idle sencor plug out and if I remember correctly the car shood stall and possibly not start but it had done nothing the car then idled at 1000 rpm and I havnt had a problem since I am new to the turbo world so any sujestions will help me out heeps thanks kindy
    BIGGZY
    idle sencor ive puuled the plug out and the car runs fine just check engine light stays on

ANY SUJESTIONS plz
    Last edited by Biggzy; 06-22-2013 at 10:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wy has no one helped me out with sujestions or ideas this is ment to be a site for ppl with wrxs to help onanother and all yous do is just watch read pass wtf

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
    Wy has no one helped me out with sujestions or ideas this is ment to be a site for ppl with wrxs to help onanother and all yous do is just watch read pass wtf
    OK. Relax. You posted on a Saturday at 8 in the morning U.S.A. Eastern time. Being as how this is primarily a US based board, there are very few people up at 8 AM on a Saturday and browsing the boards. Furthermore, there are not very many users that are familiar with the GC Imprezas.

What mods on the car? Does the car run normally when not in idle? Ensure that the MAF sensor is properly connected.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

ahh ok well it runs kind of ok when the idle sensor is un plugged but it thought its ment to stall and its a 2000 model motor in a 99 gc8 and no mods just after market turbo and 15pound internal wastgate I just want to no if there's a way to either leave the sensor unplugged or best to by new or second hand one as over here in Australia they go new for 600 dollars which is dear please give me some subjections please

if the idle sensor is bad, then wouldn't removing it only help the problem? sounds like it may be telling te car to idle lower.
    before you start throwing parts at it though, try cleaning the gunk out of the throttle body. sometimes you absolutely have to do it when replacing the battery because the car needs to reset the zero point calibration....although I only see it on older early 2000 model Toyotas at work but may work the same way

I didn't rtemove the sencor just the plug that goes in the solenoid conection and the car holds idle fine now but I hate not having the car in one peace plugged up and everything now check engine lights on It annoys me otherwise everything is fine tho just yer ppl have told me to clean the throttle out and couple other things so when I gert the time I will give those a try and I don't have new battery every thing ran fien mechanicaly and electrical just one of those problems every one encounters through time with cars I guess

ya it happens. im realizing quicky how much of a project these cars can be at times
    so the car idles fine with the solenoid disconnected...sounds like you isolated your problem then

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.