From Shoebarus to a Subaru
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on From Shoebarus to a Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone! After a long wait I have finally graduated college and got a brand new 2013 Dark Grey Metallic ...

From Shoebarus to a Subaru

Hello everyone! After a long wait I have finally graduated college and got a brand new 2013 Dark Grey Metallic WRX shortly after. I had a MazdaSpeed3 previous to this am waiting the true beauty of driving an AWD. I had a couple of general questions.

First, I've been stumbling around and noticed a lot of talk for new Subaru drives to go to NASIOC first. Is NASIOC more of a informative site, and this one is more of a community based one? Other than the abundance of young, arrogant know-it-alls on NASIOC, is there a big difference?

Additionally, I was wondering when other owners of new Subaru's (<1,000 miles) did their first mods and what they were? I got the STS option when getting my car, thinking bushings would be the next logical piece. I'm thinking of saving most, if not all, performance mods until after my warranty expires. Any thoughts?

S/O to all the other NW Scoob owners!!

And had to throw in a picture of the new whip

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Both sites have good information. I am also a member from nasioc but rarely post there. You will find out that clubwrx is very helpful as well. There are some very well educated people on here that are more than happy to help you. (Or maybe I'm just a sucker).

I waited about 6-7 months before i started modding. My first mod was a nameless axleback muffler delete. Then from there about 6 months later I went stage 1 via cobb AP. then the bug hit me and I've been on a rampage ever since. Good luck to you.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Nasioc is nice for a good laugh...But anything other than the stickies are usually pretty bad and the threads start out with hope but usually end up completely trashed and filled with extraneous and bad info filling 15+ pages for a simple question and it's usually very hostile. Even some of the moderators can be pretty unpleasant.

ClubWRX in my experience is often a lot more helpful. I usually go to NASIOC first if I'm looking for some specific info, gather my ideas, then i come here to confirm it. It's friendlier here and still very community like.

The NASIOC classifieds are great though. They move fast, lots of sellers and good prices.
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 06-20-2013 at 05:57 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

Quote Originally Posted by PDXWRX503 View Post
    First, I've been stumbling around and noticed a lot of talk for new Subaru drives to go to NASIOC first. Is NASIOC more of a informative site, and this one is more of a community based one? Other than the abundance of young, arrogant know-it-alls on NASIOC, is there a big difference?
    Well said. I liken NASIOC to a big city. Full of resources and information, with a lively social scene albeit a rude one at times.

This is a must save reference at NASIOC: Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

We are a more of a smaller town where many people know one another and help out when they can. There is a wealth of good info here.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    This is a must save reference at NASIOC: Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

+1. I have this as a bookmark page.

iH4
    Welcome... I'm a noobie myself here and find this site very informative!

I'm waiting till I hit 1500 before doing a Cobb Stage 1 tune... they said I could after 1000 but I'm going to wait a little more and swap to full Synthetic at that time. Other than tha, maybe do exhaust leave it alone for a while. Enjoy!
    Time for AWD fun! CBS 2013 WRX Sedan - SoCal - OC

Congrats on your new WRX and welcome to the Club...
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

Check out the thread in my sig for mod ideas.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome!

There are some who immediately start modding, others who (try) to wait until the warranty period is up, then there are those in the middle. I was in the middle, waited until I was about halfway through the warranty to start.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.