Dont want coilovers, what to get???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dont want coilovers, what to get??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have a 2002 wrx wagon, i dont want coilovers because i hear they arent the best for most off ...

Dont want coilovers, what to get???

i have a 2002 wrx wagon, i dont want coilovers because i hear they arent the best for most off roading which i do frequently. i was wondering what some good set ups would be for shocks and struts. its also my daily driver...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What's your budget? And you mentioned off roading, are you wanting it lowered at all, or would you prefer close to stock ride height?

I have V.7 STI adjustable struts with 2002 wagon springs and front sway delete. At high way speeds and on rough dirt it rides smother than stock and is much more planted and composed. At speeds below 45 the higher low speed damping makes the car rock front to back on uneven concrete roads. It is not much, but it is noticeable, not at all the same bouncy feeling as my completely blown stock struts. Once going 50-55 though the struts completely smooth out the concrete. I wish my car had come like this from the factory and am very happy with the setup for DD/rallycross/backroads fun

Also check out the suspension threads on dirtyimpreza.com. A lot of different setups have been tried and put to the test on almost every model year Impreza and all about off-road/dirt.

my budget is around $800-$1100. i wouldnt mind it lowered about half an inch but no more than that

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    KYB AGX gas adjustable struts with Swift Spec-R wagon springs (1.2" drop in the front, .6" drop in the rear). If you want more refined dampening and are comfortable with DIY projects you could use Koni Yellow Damper Inserts instead of the AGX struts.. or if you increase your budget a little more you could get Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks, but they're $825 by themselves.

KYB AGX struts with Epic lowering springs or Swift like Mainframe said^
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.