Losing Power! HELP!

This is a discussion on Losing Power! HELP! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm new on here and I have a major problem. I am losing almost all power to the ...

Losing Power! HELP!

Hey guys, I'm new on here and I have a major problem. I am losing almost all power to the engine in my '98 Impreza WRX. When I accelerate the car does not move until around 4500 rpm in first and I have to continue to rev at high rpms in 2nd-5th in order to reach even minimal speed. If anyone knows what could be causing this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bet your clutch is done.

But do you have any mods? Any CELs? Anything else going on?

We don't have any of the GC generation WRXs here. US didn't get the WRX until 2001, with the MY2002 bugeye WRX.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying