New to forum

This is a discussion on New to forum within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, I'm a new WRX owner and new to this forum. I recently bought a 2003 WRX. I'm from ...

New to forum

Hi guys,

I'm a new WRX owner and new to this forum.

I recently bought a 2003 WRX. I'm from NZ, so it's a JDM spec. It is pretty much un-modified. It only has lowered springs, 17" aftermarket alloys and an STI front lip.

I previously owned a Nissan Stagea, which is basically a Skyline station wagon. It was a 2.5 turbo, 4WD, auto. Great car, big, grunty and reliable, but I hated the auto. :-(

My partner owned a 2000 WRX, which I loved driving. So when it came time to buy a new car, I looked around and found that Subaru was one of the few brands that had an abundance of manual cars. So I bought this one.

I love it. :-) It cost me NZ$14,000 (US$11,000) and has done 90,000km. The engine is completely untouched (which is very rare here in NZ) and it is in great condition. The only issue with it is that it is a bit low. The number of times I have scraped the front lip on driveways, etc is annoying.

I'm not really into doing huge modifications to cars. I enjoy tinkering, but that's about it. I would like to maybe fit a better intake and exhaust, but that's about it for the engine. The one big thing I'd like to do is fit wider tyres. I'm thinking 235's. It would mean I would have to get wider wheels, I'd stick with 17's though, I think they look about the right size for the car. Any ideas on what sort of offset I'd need? I'd like to have the edge of the wheel pretty much at the edge of the guard, I like that look.

Anyway, I hope to add any experiences I have with you guys and hopefully help someone with something in the process.

Thanks,

Simon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, Simon
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC