DFW new owner 2009 WRX Premium Hatch

This is a discussion on DFW new owner 2009 WRX Premium Hatch within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to say hello, recently purchased a WRX.. been my dream car for awhile.. its actually currently been at ...

DFW new owner 2009 WRX Premium Hatch

Just wanted to say hello, recently purchased a WRX.. been my dream car for awhile.. its actually currently been at the dealership for the last month getting a new transmission rebuild (synchros went on on 3rd - 4th)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and congrats! Details on the car!?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Welcome and congrats! Details on the car!?
    Well its an 09 Premium HB with 55K... about a week after i bought it i was getting this minor "chunk" sound when shifting from 3rd to 4th (normal driving..not racing), over the next couple of weeks it was getting worse, and happening sooner.. normally after the car was warm going over 40mph, so i got on the forums and started reading so the synchro's kept coming up as the cause, so i took it in. Sure enough they drained my transmission oil and found shavings and metal chunks, so obviously more than the synchro's was wrong. So its getting a complete rebuild, and the dealer is taking their sweet time doing it. So now its been there a month so far... its acutally been in the shop longer than i was able to drive it..lol

At first they wanted to deny warranty repair because they went through my glove box and found a towing receipt.. they immediatly denied it saying "improper towing" called the towing company and they assured me it was towed on a dolly. So i called them back and they are covering it under warranty because they cant prove that it was towed improperly.