So I finally got my '13 wrx

This is a discussion on So I finally got my '13 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey all, I finally was able to go to the dealership and get a new '13 WR blue pearl WRX ...

So I finally got my '13 wrx

hey all, I finally was able to go to the dealership and get a new '13 WR blue pearl WRX BASE i'm enjoying the car a lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	114477

I actually went Saturday and had to wait till Monday because they didn't have it in WR blue pearl at the dealership they had to go pick it up and he was nice enough to deliver it to my house. I did tell the guy not to floor the car and it seems he listened although theres no way to tell, got it with 4 miles on the odo.

Since I was interested in getting one with the stock spoiler he also offered me the spoiler at cost and free installation but after having the car a day I think it looks pretty good without it and I just might skip it altogether.

I only have 1 question for other owners, i've seen some people complaining about the stock shifter and honestly it doesn't seem so bad to me it hasn't given me any problems going into reverse or anything, BUT I do notice the "rubbery feel" and would like to know if anyone has installed aftermarket bushings and how the shifter feels afterwards..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats!! I just picked mine up about a month ago and I am absolutely in love with it. I love that color!

I have the spt short shifter in my wrx and it's good enough for me. I've read about others and its a big difference from stock. If you're looking into one, kartboy is the way to go. Throw in some shifter bushings and its a huuuggee difference. Group-N trans mount is also a must! Every shift/throw will feel more sturdy.

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 on the kartboy shifter. Also the front & rear Kartboy shifter bushings. Plus the TiC lever pivot bushings too improve the shifting experience a lot.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

iH4
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    +1 on the kartboy shifter. Also the front & rear Kartboy shifter bushings. Plus the TiC lever pivot bushings too improve the shifting experience a lot.
    Going to look into that myself... I agree the shifter feel is not all that crazy. I did get the STI short shift kit on mine but even though the throw is shorter, the stick is still kinda long IMO.

Congratulations on the car btw! Just got mine last night too and lovin' it! Enjoy
    Time for AWD fun! CBS 2013 WRX Sedan - SoCal - OC

Congrats. If you can get a good deal on the spoiler, then go for it.

Also, be aware that stiffer shifter bushings and transmission bushings will increase noise and vibration. Just fyi

Welcome and congrats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"