2011 oil gallery plug under TMIC
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 oil gallery plug under TMIC within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Looking for anyone that has a good picture or decription on where the oil gallery plug is located under the ...

2011 oil gallery plug under TMIC

Looking for anyone that has a good picture or decription on where the oil gallery plug is located under the TMIC on a 2011 WRX. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You trying to install oil temp or pressure?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

oil pressure

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scolena
    oil pressure
    Replace the stock sensor behind the alternator. It's only used to put an idiot light on your dash when it goes <5PSI or something stupid like that, at which point, it's telling you time to buy a new SB.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^That

The "galley" plug is located under the alternator. The alternator has to be taken off. You need a size 24 deep socket to take the stock plug off.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I will def use the one under the alternator

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    ^^^That

The "galley" plug is located under the alternator. The alternator has to be taken off. You need a size 24 deep socket to take the stock plug off.
    That's the one I used when installing my oil pressure guage ... it's been two years now and no issues what so every. Hint: when you take the alternator off - mark where the tensioning bolt is on it's screw with a marker. That way when you re-install the alternator you do not have to worry about tensioning the belt. If you line it back up with the marker mark ... you should have the same belt tension as before you took it off.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

Very good advice, I will def do that!!! Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.