Advice and Tips for the NEW WRX STI Owners

This is a discussion on Advice and Tips for the NEW WRX STI Owners within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got a WRX STI 2005, any tips and advice? Never had a turbo before...

Advice and Tips for the NEW WRX STI Owners

Just got a WRX STI 2005, any tips and advice? Never had a turbo before

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The first two things to do are to read the owner's manual cover to cover, and then to read the owner's manual cover to cover. Then, and only then, follow the link in my signature for more info if necessary. Keep the shiny side up and prefer authentic parts. Congrats.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

^^that, read everything you can but make sure its from a good source.

Stance does not make her dance, spool does make her drool. Tastefully mod, dont cheap out on parts. Make sure youve done your research before purchasing something. Make your car how you want it, not other peoples builds. In the subaru world its hard to be original with setups it seems. As long as you think that the **** is deluxe yo in your eyes its worth it. Drink quality beer. (unless youre 13 years old like me and still occasionally try to be smooth like Keith Stone.) Carry a knife. Use a straight razor. Know that clubdub > Nabisco (but read things on there as well). Check out Blipshift.com. Have a sense of humor and dont get upset when someone on the internet doesnt agree with you. All polls on posts must have :bewbs: as an option.
    Last edited by Ruh Roh; 05-29-2013 at 05:41 AM.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    ^^that, read everything you can but make sure its from a good source.

Stance does not make her dance, spool does make her drool. Tastefully mod, dont cheap out on parts. Make sure youve done your research before purchasing something. Make your car how you want it, not other peoples builds. In the subaru world its hard to be original with setups it seems. As long as you think that the **** is deluxe yo in your eyes its worth it. Drink quality beer. (unless youre 13 years old like me and still occasionally try to be smooth like Keith Stone.) Carry a knife. Use a straight razor. Know that clubdub > Nabisco (but read things on there as well). Check out Blipshift.com. Have a sense of humor and dont get upset when someone on the internet doesnt agree with you.
    Repped.

Even though you forgot bewbs.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

calling Freed, this is the thread you were looking for lol.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I was going for more do's and don'ts
    Like don't pop the clutch on an awd car.
    I didn't know that since I use to pop the clutch with my NA Supra, but now the clutch pad slips

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    Stance does not make her dance
    function makes her ... um.. idk i cant think of a word that rhymes.

welcome!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Just got the car last week, bought it with engine light on and bad fix on the turbo, got it for 15000$, and it has 1000$ of repairs and tuning to be done. Drove it a bit, and it still kicks ass I would drive like this over my supra any day ! I just bought because I could afford 16000$ for a finely tuned car I didn't know but I have stage 2 setup, BONUS in my eyes

I'm concerned about "engine light on and bad fix on the turbo" and "$1000 of repairs and tuning to be done" being considered a "finely tuned car."
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McSprutz View Post
    Just got the car last week, bought it with engine light on and bad fix on the turbo, got it for 15000$, and it has 1000$ of repairs and tuning to be done. Drove it a bit, and it still kicks ass I would drive like this over my supra any day ! I just bought because I could afford 16000$ for a finely tuned car I didn't know but I have stage 2 setup, BONUS in my eyes
    Wut? I don't understand this post. And the way it's worded makes me think you have some serious maintenance matters to address.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.