INVIDIA catback...rumble?

This is a discussion on INVIDIA catback...rumble? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; STOCK STI 02 bugeye I wanto keep this babe all stock...but I need to unleash that boxer sound!!! I am ...

INVIDIA catback...rumble?

STOCK STI 02 bugeye

I wanto keep this babe all stock...but I need to unleash that boxer sound!!! I am going to first get invidia catback (NO N1 - cannons or anything alike are GAY, in my opinion, too original) with my stock STI tip on the back...

will this give a nice rumble?

after this however I will chuck a downpipe in...this is what I was recommended I do anywho- what will the DP to for me?

any comments/recommendations please don't hesitate
    when love of power... overcomes the power of STi, the world will see peace

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you do the downpipe you will no longer be "keeping this babe all stock". You will HAVE TO tune it and it will be recorded in you cars computer whether you convert back to stock or not. But the downpipe and tune will make a big difference in drivability for you. Quicker spool for your turbo, smoother drive, and best of all, more power. If you really want to stay "stock" I got a SPT exhaust I'm selling. All the cat back exhausts with our cars don't really make a power difference uess you get really into other mods but they all sound different
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    If you do the downpipe you will no longer be "keeping this babe all stock". You will HAVE TO tune it and it will be recorded in you cars computer whether you convert back to stock or not. But the downpipe and tune will make a big difference in drivability for you. Quicker spool for your turbo, smoother drive, and best of all, more power. If you really want to stay "stock" I got a SPT exhaust I'm selling. All the cat back exhausts with our cars don't really make a power difference uess you get really into other mods but they all sound different
    He has a non USDM 2002 bugeye sti.....

your sig says you have a 2013 wrx. I doubt if your spt catback will fit his bugeye. And the shipping to Australia would be crazy high.....

Now to answer the OP. not sure why you think the N1 is "gay"
    i guess everyone has their own opinions. i think it makes a good sound and looks pretty good too on 02-07 wrx's. If you disagree. Cobb makes a catback for USDM bugeyes that looks pretty stock. Single tip straight out stock shaped muffler. It may or may not fit yours you have to call them to find out for sure.
    Catback for sound, downpipe for power
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 05-27-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

that's what I thought, however I went to the tuner, and he said for my car if I want to do anything to the exhaust (including DP, and I specifically said; downpipe), then no tune is required...
    and then again the exhaust man I called up earlier said differently...

will a invidia catback on it own create a noice rumble?

that's what I thought, however I went to the tuner, and he said for my car if I want to do anything to the exhaust (including DP, and I specifically said; downpipe), then no tune is required...
    and then again the exhaust man I called up earlier said differently...

will a invidia catback on it own create a noice rumble?

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    He has a non USDM 2002 bugeye sti.....

your sig says you have a 2013 wrx. I doubt if your spt catback will fit his bugeye. And the shipping to Australia would be crazy high.....

Now to answer the OP. not sure why you think the N1 is "gay"
    i guess everyone has their own opinions. i think it makes a good sound and looks pretty good too on 02-07 wrx's. If you disagree. Cobb makes a catback for USDM bugeyes that looks pretty stock. Single tip straight out stock shaped muffler. It may or may not fit yours you have to call them to find out for sure.
    Catback for sound, downpipe for power
    haha don't get me wrong, the N1 sounds amazing!! but its a little too original in my opinion; plus I see it on every dumped WRX with 'cromies' and body kits that completely destroyed car

sounds good do you have a cobb system? and do you know how the Cobb catback is compared to invidia in sound?

hopefully they got the cobb systems here in Aus
    Last edited by gorecki-STI; 05-28-2013 at 03:52 AM.