New '13 WRX in South Fl.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New '13 WRX in South Fl. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up everyone, new guy here in South Florida. Picked up an Ice Silver 2013 Wagon yesterday from a local ...

New '13 WRX in South Fl.

What's up everyone, new guy here in South Florida. Picked up an Ice Silver 2013 Wagon yesterday from a local dealer. My daily driver for the past 9 years has been a cammed 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, and I just decided it was time for something new.

My first choice though was for a Scion FR-S, but the large amount of room in the wagon just sold me on it. I've never driven an AWD car, so it's a different feeling compared to RWD. Fuel mileage should definetly be well beyond what I got with the Trans Am.

So far the only issue I have had with the car has been a slight tick coming from the drivers window/door panel area. Any slight bump causes the tick to appear, and can only be heard when you are the driver, not a passenger. I figure it's from the door panel since light pressure in that area causes the noise to go away. Though I'm not looking forward to the dealer having to tear into the panel, so I'm hoping it goes away on its own.
    -Joel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mine had the same problem. Turned out to be the seatbelt hight adjuster
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

Expect about a dozen or so more random squeaks and rattles to appear.
    I have a 2013 wrx as well and I have just finally quit worrying about the rattles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzanga View Post
    Mine had the same problem. Turned out to be the seatbelt hight adjuster
    Funny you should mention that, since my father noticed it would wiggle a bit, and said that was probably the cause for the noise. Did you ever find a fix for it, or you just dealt with it?

Little noises here and there won't bother me. I just hate that the noise is right next to my ear.
    -Joel

I just adjusted it down and it went away haha. I also have an exhaust now so I probably don't hear it as much
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

Mine has the same issue, on the drivers side, in my ear..... I actually took it completely apart (pita!), couldn't really figure out any way practical to make it stop. Its just the way its designed allows it to wiggle too much.
    My most annoying buzz/rattle comes from somewhere in my headliner around the passenger sunvisor.

I'm moving from a WS6 to a WRX too, order is in and it should be here in July. I'm hoping it's a lot more water tight than the Trans AM

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome from Orlando

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Guess I'll play with it, and see I'd adjusting it will help. Thanks for the tip.
    -Joel

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Welcome from Orlando
    Thank You
    -Joel

Also has anyone had any alignment issues with their new Subaru's? Mine seems to drift to the right a bit will cruising on the highway. Funny how I never noticed these things on the test drive because of how excited I was.

iv got a new 2013 and haven't noticed that on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony360 View Post
    iv got a new 2013 and haven't noticed that on mine.
    I don't notice it on the streets much since the streets in Miami are a damn disaster. Though on a smooth stretch of the turnpike I noticed it. I would really hate to take it to the dealer so soon.
    -Joel
    Joel
    2013 WRX Hatch
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

i dont do much city driving. mostly take 75 up to sunrise and 95 to my friends house, so im mostly on the highway. i dont think i have that problem, ill pay more attention tomorrow.

Was finally able to drive the car to work(needed decal for employee parking), and the ticking noise is too much. It's not the seatbelt height adjustment, but more like the drivers window being tapped by a small needle. Whenever I would push in the door panel slightly the noise would disappear, and raising the radio volume to drown out the noise just isn't fun.

So looks like I'll be spending my next day off at the dealer. Not sure if I should go to the dealer that closer to me, or the one I bought the car from.
    Joel
    2013 WRX Hatch
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast