Help!!

This is a discussion on Help!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm in the market for a new car, i'm leaning towards a 2013 WRX Hatchback, my question is, Is it ...

Help!!

I'm in the market for a new car, i'm leaning towards a 2013 WRX Hatchback, my question is, Is it a good daily driver i currently drive around 105 miles a day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It depends on what your looking for in a car. It has a simple interior and a 5mt which may be a turn off to some people, but I love my 2013 wrx sedan as a dd. That being said I have put 1600 miles on my car in 4-5 months where as you will be putting over 2000 a month.
    2013 WRX SWP Sedan 1600 miles!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    with driving that many miles a day, i personally would want something more economical with better gas mileage. something that doesnt require premium fuel.

just my opinion though

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    I drive 80 a day and its defiantly not the most fuel efficient car but since I spend to much time in my car I would rather have something I enjoy then say a Yaris. I also picked the car since the AWD is great when the weather turns bad. At times I wish I got the Hatch since it has the extra storage space. People have gotten the average MPG to mid 20's. I did the math and the car I cam from was about on par with the amount of money I spend on gas so for me it feels like an even swap when it comes to fuel economy.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL

cflip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    with driving that many miles a day, i personally would want something more economical with better gas mileage. something that doesnt require premium fuel.

just my opinion though
    This. I usually drive at least 100(seriously) miles a day. Which is a half tank so I hope you have a gas buddy app on your phone. As you know, its does not get great gas mileage, plus AWD loves to eat up tires.

Posted from a fone.

I'd get something more fuel efficient if I drove that much. 21mpgs doesn't amount to a lot
    2013 wrx sedan-SOLD(awaiting 2015/16 Mustang)

2005 Mustang GT
    Racecar! Borla Stingers, Pypes x-pipe, Airaid Intake, FR Lowering Springs, Steeda Tri-Ax
    Previous faist cars: '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is a link that may answer some questions about mileage. I hope this works.

Gas Mileage FAQ
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

I've put over 3k in less than two months on my 13 hat ch and don't regret it being my choice for aDD for a second
    "When we understand us, our consciousness, we also understand the universe and the separation disappears."
    ~ Amit Goswami ~

If I drove that much every day (close some times) I would want to be in a car that I liked getting into every time. Whether that is because of the driving experience, the seats, the stereo or anything else. Ultimately that decision has to be made by you as everyone holds different values to specific traits in a car.

ski.wrx i 100% right. that being said, i average about 300 miles per tank and fill ups are around 55-60 dollars, depending on your income and other hobbies it might not be a viable car for you.
    a friend of mine had a 2009 mustang gt that he loved, but worked to far and the gas was killing him, and had to trade it in.
    so like he said. its all up to you.

I'm 70+ miles 5 days a week. I'm currently stg2 and get 400 miles per tank if I drive it very conservatively. I get between 26-27.5mpg during the week unless I drive it on lots of short trips. Now if I'm romping on it....MPGs are WAY lower obviously.

I had a regular 2011 2.5i Impreza and wanted to kill myself commuting because the thing just had no pep and the MPGs were the same because I had to stand on it to get up the hills.

My choice to go WRX was to have a fun car to play with when the moments presented themselves but also to have decent MPGs. I've been very happy with my decision.

GL with it!