Test drive Saturday. Possible order Tuesday.

This is a discussion on Test drive Saturday. Possible order Tuesday. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm doing a test drive with the GF on Saturday of the '13 WRX and a few other cars. If ...

I Support ClubWRX

Test drive Saturday. Possible order Tuesday.

I'm doing a test drive with the GF on Saturday of the '13 WRX and a few other cars. If all goes well (not like she really has a say in the matter) I will be placing an order this coming Tuesday! I'm really pumped and am excited to get the whole process going. A few questions for all the regulars:

1) How long is average wait time? I've seen the thread about new purchases and it seems like 2-4 months is average. What have your experiences been like?

2) Is short throw option really necessary/worth it? I've heard it really is.

3) Tips on negotiating price? This will be my first new car purchase on my own and, while I'm a huge car nut, I don't have much experience in the chair. How did you guys go about everything?

Thanks for all the info ahead of time. I'll be sure to follow up as much as I can after the drive and the order.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The only thing that I can comment on is #3. And that is, know EXACTLY how much you're willing to pay. Not the monthly payment, if you're financing, but the price of the car as a whole. As far as I'm concerned, there IS NO NEGOTIATION. When I bought my car new, I sent a couple of e-mails back and forth to the dealership stating exactly what I knew the car was worth, all the information that I had on any rebates and dealer kickbacks, and basically stated what I wanted the car for. Two e-mails later, it was done.

Bottom line is, you need to be willing to walk away at the drop of a hat. Period.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

#2 I bought my car used with the factory short throw and my friend bought an 03 without. The difference is noticeable for sure however there are aftermarket shifters for much less than the factory option with shorter throws. The install for the aftermarket is very simple.

The factory option relpaces the linkages as well, which makes install slightly more difficult If you end up doing it later, but I am not sure what effect the linkages have on the throw.

I Support ClubWRX
    #1) I had to wait 6 weeks for my car do arrive.

#2) I ordered the SPT short throw and I'm happy with it. Though I plan to change the bushings. The Kartboy short throw and bushings is a combo most people have. I also ordered the arm rest extension and SPT exhaust. I feel the arm rest is a must especially if you drive long distances.

#3)I spoke with Clayton from Ramsey Subaru (rexxx0486) ClubWRX Buying Program

I am not sure where in NJ you are located but Clayton was really easy to deal with and made the whole process very painless.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Don't 'order' one, or you may be waiting until October. Find a dealership that will want to 'find' you one. That's what I did, and I had the exact car I wanted within 2 weeks.

I've been waiting 13 weeks and looks like I have 2 more to go

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to shore up funds and won't be able to pay in full until July/August so I wouldn't mind waiting. October is a bit much, but I'm hoping for the best. No negotiation is a good call as well. I had a number in mind and will stick to it.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I'm pretty sure the factory orders for MY13 WRX ended in the beginning of April, so the best they can probably do is find you one that isn't spoken for. As for buying I would recommend Clayton at Ramsey Subaru since you are in NJ. He sells them for $500 below invoice price. Pretty much the best you are gonna do by far in this area. His user name on here is rexxx0486, and he is really easy to deal with. Send him a private message. I'm picking up my car from him tomorrow morning.

I Support ClubWRX
    Really? I was told otherwise. I think you can place orders until the dealers hear when the '14s will be delivered. But if that's not the case, I'm 100% fine with them finding me one. It's been tough looking around myself as I want the sat-nav and those coupled with a Limited are rare.

Thanks for all the info. Anyone else have any tips, pointers, etc?
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49