Misfiring questions - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Misfiring questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Tons of people run Cobb intakes without a problem, as long as they are properly tuned. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Tons of people run Cobb intakes without a problem, as long as they are properly tuned. Methinks something with his tune isn't correct.
    Is it possible that an off the self tp Cobb tune could be perfect on one car and messed up on another. Same year car,same geographical area, and same mods, with the exact same tune. Because my car runs fine with no issues.
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dzanga View Post
    Is it possible that an off the self tp Cobb tune could be perfect on one car and messed up on another. Same year car,same geographical area, and same mods, with the exact same tune. Because my car runs fine with no issues.
    Did your friend do logs and send them to Eric for revisions?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Yes, entirely possible.

I think I'm a little confused here.. did you both buy tunes from Eric or what? If so, why not send him logs to correct his tune? If not, why are you stealing maps?

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Yes, entirely possible.

I think I'm a little confused here.. did you both buy tunes from Eric or what? If so, why not send him logs to correct his tune? If not, why are you stealing maps?
    This is what I was wondering yesterday...if that's the case.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

This is the only question I had while reading this thread.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

No stealing of maps. I just assumed its the same map that he sends out to everyone. Plus my computer is to old to properly run the logging software I had to use my other friends to do it on mine last time.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    How old is your computer?? My tuning laptop is nine years old and it's more than capable of logging. Technically anything that will run Windows XP (released in 2001) should work fine for logging.

For what it's worth, the whole appeal to Eric's TP maps opposed to any other OTS map is that he will revise it a few times for you to make sure it's running right on your car.

How old is your computer?? My tuning laptop is nine years old and it's more than capable of logging. Technically anything that will run Windows XP (released in 2001) should work fine for logging.
    It's a old windows. It just super slow and takes 15 min to boot the rom raider. Where my other friends didn't take any time at all we are going to attempt to get some log tonight and send them to Eric.

Yes and he revised my map a few time but I never had that problem but all cars are different so we will hopefully get it all sorted out tonight

Has the CEL code been read yet?

Also, why is it being downplayed that this all started happening with a mis-shift? How consistently has the car been going into limp mode since then?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I just talked to him today he said 4 times since the mis shift. He said the cel goes away after he restarts it. I have told him to go have it checked the next time it happens. But we should have it figured out tonight after he gets off work. I think the redline mis shift has a lot to do with this problem. But that's just what I think. He also said the other 3 times were just casual driving on the freeway. Couple times after a 3500 rpm shift and one of them was just cruising at 2500 rpm. He has no access to a computer so I am trying to see what your guys think for him while he is at work.

No stealing of maps. I just assumed its the same map that he sends out to everyone. Plus my computer is to old to properly run the logging software I had to use my other friends to do it on mine last time.
    So as long as two of you paid for two maps, then it's good.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    So as long as two of you paid for two maps, then it's good.
    Yup we're all good

I bought the tune from eric, my friend used his laptop and did it for me since i am NEW to all this and he is experienced... will be running the logs tonight and sending them to eric. Happened a total of three(3) times...first time was when I was driving 4500 RPM's, second time was when I was driving 3500 rpms in 4th gear shifting into fifth, and last was yesterdaywhen I was driving at 3000 rpms shifting into 4th gear with periods of 3-4 weeks between cel.. was going to have it checked this morning at autozone but the code self-cleared...

Light came on again while casually driving,, had it read and they told me its misfiring with failing wastegate actuator.. its at the dealership and will know result on tuesday..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast