Misfiring questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Misfiring questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; He has a cobb intake?...

He has a cobb intake?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes Cobb with no heat sheild
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzanga View Post
    Yes Cobb with no heat sheild
    are you meaning a air box for the cobb intake or are you referring to a cobb DP with no heat shield?

Subscribed, since I'm interested in a cobb intake. Sounds like the headaches aren't worth end result.

Referring to air box

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You need wheel spacers. lol. I would ditch the intake and go back to stock.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I have the cob intake with heat shield(air box) and I had it on both of my wrxs 12' and 13' with no problems. As long as you have the supporting tune your fine. I don't know what his issue is with his car. He hasn't had the check engine code checked so it may not be a misfire. It first happened when he mis placed a downshift and it redlined for a second and then went in to limp mode. He pulled the negative on the battery to reset the computer and see if it did it again. It hadn't until today I guess but different scenario, apparently he was just driving casually and shifted and went In to limp mode. So does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem. I am posting on his behalf so their is no misleading info on what the source of the problem may be.

Scan for the DTC and look it up. Itll give us a chance to help.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a bad tune.

I have the cob intake with heat shield(air box) and I had it on both of my wrxs 12' and 13' with no problems. As long as you have the supporting tune your fine. I don't know what his issue is with his car. He hasn't had the check engine code checked so it may not be a misfire. It first happened when he mis placed a downshift and it redlined for a second and then went in to limp mode. He pulled the negative on the battery to reset the computer and see if it did it again. It hadn't until today I guess but different scenario, apparently he was just driving casually and shifted and went In to limp mode. So does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem. I am posting on his behalf so their is no misleading info on what the source of the problem may be.
    Does he have the same intake as you? Did you guys flash the map for your intake and he has a different one? (I'm assuming you're the friend he referred to)

Also, this all started with a missed shift? Uh oh.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

possibility 1: Is the car under 91 octane gas? I put 87 one time and backfired due to gas igniting from pressure rather then spark plug spark.

What you should have done before posting: go to nearest autozone (or auto store if there isn't an autozone in ur area, which i'd be shocked) and have them scan the code, FOR FREE, and tell u why the light came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Does he have the same intake as you? Did you guys flash the map for your intake and he has a different one? (I'm assuming you're the friend he referred to)

Also, this all started with a missed shift? Uh oh.
    Yes he has the same intake as me. I am pretty familiar with the do's and donts with our cars. He has the correct tune for the intake he has on his car. I told him to go to autozone and have the code read and I don't know if he has done it yet.

Yes he has the same intake as me. I am pretty familiar with the do's and donts with our cars. He has the correct tune for the intake he has on his car. I told him to go to autozone and have the code read and I don't know if he has done it yet.
    Ok, I think I was confused. I interpreted it that you had just flashed the same map that you had, as in literally the one that was emailed to you.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    Subscribed, since I'm interested in a cobb intake. Sounds like the headaches aren't worth end result.
    Tons of people run Cobb intakes without a problem, as long as they are properly tuned. Methinks something with his tune isn't correct.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

This also leads me to believe it just hit overboost real quick on that misshift, so it hit limp mode to protect it. This is a fairly common occurrence in WRXs.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast