2013 WRX Infotainment question

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Infotainment question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, quick question about the infotainment unit on the new 2013 Subaru's as a whole. Is there a way ...

I Support ClubWRX

2013 WRX Infotainment question

Hey guys, quick question about the infotainment unit on the new 2013 Subaru's as a whole.

Is there a way to track MPG or see what your current fuel consumption is with a readout on the screen? I know that there is a Trip A readout that'll say what your MPG is for that particular trip above the 7" screen on the upper dash, but is there a more detailed readout that can be seen within the 7" screen? Like a real time trip log? I think this was an option on the 2011 and 2012 models.

Thanks for any info!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not that I know of. The only mpg readings are on the clock display. The 2012 XT has a mpg real time needle indicator by the tach. But its not of much use.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Got it. Thanks, rage. Also, do you know if there is a "Miles to empty" readout at all?

I Support ClubWRX
    Nope. There isn't sadly. I had gotten used to that on my old car. Would have been a great thing to have.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    On my 11 sti navi unit it displays MPG on one of the information screens. I don't ever use it though because I am sure it is not accurate (nor do I really care about what I am getting for gas mileage).

I Support ClubWRX
    Get an Ultragauge I got mine and love it. They make a OBDII splitter but I have yet to try it with and access port plugged in at the same time. For my 2012 WRX I find that the built in MPG is usually reads a better average then the Ultragauge. Its only off by .5-1 gallon
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL

cflip2x 2012 WRB WRX