Finally get my first WRX!

This is a discussion on Finally get my first WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Since as long as I could remember, I've always loved Subaru Wrx's.. However, knowing how expensive they were, I didn't ...

Smile Finally get my first WRX!

Since as long as I could remember, I've always loved Subaru Wrx's.. However, knowing how expensive they were, I didn't plan on getting one for quite a while considering I'm only 22 years old and just graduated college with plenty of loans to pay off.. Regardless, I still needed a new car.. Over a year ago, I gave a list of cars that I was interested in to my neighbor who works for a company that restores flood cars.. A few years ago, he found a car for my sister that had fire damage on the passenger seat.. He completely replaced the whole interior twice (second time cause it still had a hint of smoke smell). She ended up getting it for extremely cheap.. Back to my list, I obviously listed a Subaru WRX as my number 1 choice but didn't expect anything out of it.. As months went by, he occasionally mentioned some cars but nothing to my liking.. However, back in February, to my surprise he came across a 2012 Subaru WRX wrb hatchback.. He kee I was interested so his company bought the car immediately.. The amount of damage was unknown so his company had to completely tear apart the car to determine how much water damage was done from Sandy.. A month later, he told me that it had very low water damage and nothing got in the engine.. He had to replace a few parts here and there but overall it was salvageable.. So now, after 3 anxious months of waiting, the car is getting its salvage inspection on Thursday and I will be picking it up on Friday.. I'm beyond stoked, it's a 2012 with only 9,000 miles on it! Best part is that I'm getting it for only $15,000, which I am still in disbelief about.. 10 years of wanting one, and 3 months of physically waiting for my WRX, the day is almost here.. Looking forward to joing the community! -Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to ClubWRX.net! I'd be worried spending $15k on a car that was previously damaged....
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. I agree with Zach. That's not something I'd be at all comfortable with but if you are that's fine.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Welcome. Glad you're excited and hopefully it works out. It's few and far between that a flood damaged car actually doesn't end up having problems in the long run.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome to ClubWRX.net! I'd be worried spending $15k on a car that was previously damaged....
    I understand but my neighbor (family friend for 20+ years) who is selling us the car would never sell it if he believed it wasn't 100% good to go.. Pretty much the only thing he replaced besides the interior was the engine computer.. He bought the only one on sale from Cali and got it installed and all synced up at the Subaru dealership.. He's real anal, he put like 2k miles on it and said its running perfect.. I have complete faith, I'll keep you guys posted

Buying a flood car is a huge mistake. I'll be the guy who says I told you so, when your car starts rusting from the inside out.

You could get so many nice cars for 15k. I'd rather have an abused older WRX than a flooded WRX.

Welcome! I don't know the statistics on long term issues with flooded cars, but I do know that I will wish you luck! Hopefully yours is one of the seemingly rare success stories
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

hmm...no Drewsbaru joke yet...

welcome
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    hmm...no Drewsbaru joke yet...

welcome
    SHHHHH...if you type his name 3 times in one thread he appears, makes you hate your car, and steals your wife!!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum. Post pics when you get the car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Hey guys.. So I've had my WRX for about a month now and she is running beautiful.. Driving it is more fun than I ever could have imagined.. I'll post some pictures once I get the chance.. -Tom