New Member Waiting for new wrx

This is a discussion on New Member Waiting for new wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good Afternoon everyone. Just want to say hi and thanks for the info on this site. Very helpful indeed. Currently ...

New Member Waiting for new wrx

Good Afternoon everyone.

Just want to say hi and thanks for the info on this site. Very helpful indeed.

Currently have an 08 Civic SI that I will be trading in for a 2013 WRX that I ordered back in March. (As I painfully wait.. )

I have worked on these cars many times and love how easy they are to work on. Main reason I am going that route.

Had a 93 Talon AWD before and want to get back into that kind of car again with the WRX.
    Car: 2013 DGM WRX 5 Door

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mmmm talon.... I've wanted to build a stupid fast highway beast out of a last gen Talon for the longest time! Welcome

Welcome to the club...what 2013 WRX model and color are you getting?
    As you know...you won't be disappointed in your choice...
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    Welcome to the club...what 2013 WRX model and color are you getting?
    As you know...you won't be disappointed in your choice...
    Base 5 door DGM.

I test drove a sedan that was DGM base and it was great. The suspension is a little less stiff and more comfortable than the SI going down the road. That will be a treat because they never fix the roads by me.

Welcome and congrats! There are a number of folks here who are Honda converts, myself included.

Funny you mention the forgiving nature of the suspension. Today I chatted with a MS3 owner and remembered the difference in test drive between that car and a WRX; the Mazda salesman ordered me to avoid specific lanes on certain roads because they were too rough, the Subaru salesman directed me towards those same rough roads. Then later, I realized that I actually purposely slow down excessively just so that I can accelerate over speed bumps. It ain't no rally car, but I think the heritage does show itself in certain ways.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

You should be able to find a dealer that can locate a base DGM hatch and cover the cost of shipping. I'd try to find one to work with you. Otherwise, you might be waiting a while.

For example, I almost ordered a SWP premium 4 door, because the dealership I was working with told me they couldn't find one. They promised a delivery date of 'hopefully' October. I worked with another dealer 10 minutes away that found me a premium SWP 4 door within an hour. Within 2 hours the purchase was confirmed. Within 4 days the car was shipped from Texas to STL.

Shipping cost was 1500, but the dealership paid for that. The down side is I had to pretty much pay sticker for the car. However, when I weigh the cost of waiting 6 months for a car to save probably a grand or so, I would do it the same every time.

From my experience, when you order a car the dealership doesn't really give a **** when it comes in. Call some other local dealerships and see if they can do anything for you.

Congrats! This coming from a Subie Newbie who's driven Hondas and Acuras for many years...

You're gonna love the fact that the WRX is AWD...and it loves turns and corners. I agree that the suspension is not so stiff, but it's not too soft either. I was actually surprised during the test drive.

BTW, the sooner you get over the fact that the head unit is weak and that the 5MT gearbox is quirky (especially 1st and Reverse), you'll be one happy WRX owner. Performance-wise, for what you get at this pricepoint, the WRX is hard to beat.

BTW, the hatch is a great choice and more practical IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    Congrats! This coming from a Subie Newbie who's driven Hondas and Acuras for many years...

You're gonna love the fact that the WRX is AWD...and it loves turns and corners. I agree that the suspension is not so stiff, but it's not too soft either. I was actually surprised during the test drive.

BTW, the sooner you get over the fact that the head unit is weak and that the 5MT gearbox is quirky (especially 1st and Reverse), you'll be one happy WRX owner. Performance-wise, for what you get at this pricepoint, the WRX is hard to beat.

BTW, the hatch is a great choice and more practical IMHO.
    Yea I was never impressed with the 5 speed gearbox in the suby. It is adequate at best. The SI was quite a bit nicer to shift (minus the 3rd gear notchy crap).
    I already ordered the kartboy shoft shifter and bushing combo and it will be the first thing I put in when I drive it home from the dealership.