looking to purchase newer wrx (advice?)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on looking to purchase newer wrx (advice?) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First time posting. I have an 02 WRX wagon WRB I bought in 06. Love it a ton. But I'm ...

looking to purchase newer wrx (advice?)

First time posting.

I have an 02 WRX wagon WRB I bought in 06.
    Love it a ton. But I'm looking to upgrade.

I just wanted to seek advice on anything i should be
    on the look out for. buying a newer wrx model vs. a used 2010 sti.

Or any other advice or places you can point me to.

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't trade the 02.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Don't listen to Drews. I recently found out that he is Illuminati planted here from the planet Evo in the 3rd quadrant of the Mitsubishi solar system.

I love my 02. She's been good to me but I really like the 2011-2013 and feel like it's a good time to do this.

I am pretty keen on the wrb blue wagons and that's the way I'll prob go but any advice through this
    process would be awesome.

Are there any resources that give good comparisons. If the premium edition is worth the extra cash. Anything would be helpful.

thanks!

ps if i'm not asking in the right area or doing something not in accordance with forum rules let me know.

Well keep in mind that you can get a new WRX with better financing rates and similar prices to what used WRXs are going for. So may as well find new.

Just go to Subaru.com and price out models and you'll see the comparisons between the different packages.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well keep in mind that you can get a new WRX with better financing rates and similar prices to what used WRXs are going for. So may as well find new.

Just go to Subaru.com and price out models and you'll see the comparisons between the different packages.
    That's what I found. I considered the WRX but always looked used because I figured new would be too much. Ultimately I walked out with a new 2013 at a similar price but a lower interest rate.

buying new is really great to know. I was noticing the price gaps between 2010 and new weren't huge. So this is good to know!

Any real reason to get the premium over the base model?

Sunroof, heated seats and fog lights. I love the sunroof but the fog lights make no difference in visibility IMO. Heated seats are nice in the winter. The 2K+ price difference between the base and premium is a bit much for what you get IMO.

Yeah there's no difference in performance. And if you want foglights, install them after market later on.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Can't go wrong. Subies hold their value. Just make sure u can afford it. After that decide on package.
    Strongly suggest the mirror w garage clicker/auto dimmining. My fav piece tbh. Aftermarket has em too

went to the subie dealership today. They wouldn't let me test drive unless i signed a bunch of paperwork as a "potential buyer" Wasn't to thrilled about that. But they did have 2 premiums and 1 base. THe base was marked at 27k because it has a few extra things.

Anyways we will see what happens here in the next few weeks as I continue to convince my wife...

Quote Originally Posted by pizzamangood View Post
    went to the subie dealership today. They wouldn't let me test drive unless i signed a bunch of paperwork as a "potential buyer" Wasn't to thrilled about that.
    That's crazy. It's not a freakin supercar, it's a tarted up economy car. Are there any other dealerships near you?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I'd have walked out right there..

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    I'd have walked out right there..
    +1

Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    That's crazy. It's not a freakin supercar, it's a tarted up economy car. Are there any other dealerships near you?
    Exactly. Went to a number of dealers here in socal and one of the first things they asked wss if I wanted to drive it. They just photocopied my drivers license and I was off. Eventually bought from puente hills.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast