looking to purchase newer wrx (advice?) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on looking to purchase newer wrx (advice?) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah I couldn't believe it! I live in southwest washington area. So weird. Anyways a buddy is going to come ...

Yeah I couldn't believe it! I live in southwest washington area. So weird. Anyways a buddy is going to come over today. He works at a dealership. He's been trying to talk me out of getting one but I've been pretty persistant.

I keep going back and forth between the premium and the base. is the all weather package worth it? Having the heated mirrors etc.?
    I was also wondering about the HID headlights. I didn't realize they only came on the limited. I thought that was standard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The lights are insane!! I love them. I can't get used to the heated seats though. It seems like they are overly hot and they never seem to heat up if you let the car warm up in the winter. I don't know if they are weight activated or what..

Quote Originally Posted by pizzamangood View Post
    Yeah I couldn't believe it! I live in southwest washington area. So weird. Anyways a buddy is going to come over today. He works at a dealership. He's been trying to talk me out of getting one but I've been pretty persistant.

I keep going back and forth between the premium and the base. is the all weather package worth it? Having the heated mirrors etc.?
    I was also wondering about the HID headlights. I didn't realize they only came on the limited. I thought that was standard.
    I actually do really miss heated mirrors now that I don't have them anymore.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Guys, What should I be paying for a base model 2013 hatchback base & premium?

I fall asleep dreaming about wrx's. THat's how you know your suppose to get one right?

My buddy might of talked me out of a brand new wrx...I might be looking at an 06 or 07 now. They seem hard to find though.

Leather and HID's is why we chose the Limited over the Premium. We don't buy base models. There was only $700 difference between the premium and limited at the dealer we bought from. Leather and Hid's was well worth $700 more to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 13WRXlimited View Post
    Leather and HID's is why we chose the Limited over the Premium. We don't buy base models. There was only $700 difference between the premium and limited at the dealer we bought from. Leather and Hid's was well worth $700 more to me.
    Yeah base models are for the plebs.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Just picked up a Premium last week, sorry to hear they treated you so poorly at the dealer. I walked in and was basically handed the keys, but I also called them a day ahead to let them know the options/car I wanted: fetch my car monkeys! j/k. Kritzell: at least to me; the fog lights, sunroof and heated seats(useless in Florida) are worth the extra $800 or so you'll end up paying for them (if you know how to haggle: I paid over 2k less than dealer invoice according to edmunds), that is unless you don't like cool-looking fogs and a sunroof, and replacing the fog bulbs with cheap eBay amber/yellow 9006- 68LEDs will improve your fog visibility and "cool-factor" quite substantially!

Why would your buddy want to talk you out of a new WRX? Especially like a limited or a premium when it really isn't that much more for what you get? Jealousy! that's why! J/K, I think its your money and you should buy what you want. I have a 2011 WRX Limited in Arrest Me Red (AMR) and I love it!
    TK-421, why aren't you at your post? Stink-Eye Mob #3131

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyWRX View Post
    Why would your buddy want to talk you out of a new WRX? Especially like a limited or a premium when it really isn't that much more for what you get? Jealousy! that's why! J/K, I think its your money and you should buy what you want. I have a 2011 WRX Limited in Arrest Me Red (AMR) and I love it!
    I'd love to get your thoughts more. He sells warranties at the dealership. He can get me a good deal on a new one. He just kept asking me why i would want to put 30k in a car and made some valid points. I keep going back and forth. I actually got permission from my wife today to do what i want to do. which was the biggest hurdle.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyWRX View Post
    Why would your buddy want to talk you out of a new WRX?
    Because his buddy is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Because his buddy is smart.

Yeah. What my buddy was saying was def wisdom and I'm really taking it into consideration. He was going to keep his eye open for a 06-07 for me but I feel like if I'm going to upgrade I want to upgrade further than the 06-07. ALmost makes more sense to just keep my 02 then upgrade to an 06-07...I don't know.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah. What my buddy was saying was def wisdom and I'm really taking it into consideration. He was going to keep his eye open for a 06-07 for me but I feel like if I'm going to upgrade I want to upgrade further than the 06-07. ALmost makes more sense to just keep my 02 then upgrade to an 06-07...I don't know.
    What about the 06-07 makes you think it's an upgrade? Unless you're going to an 06-07 STI.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    What about the 06-07 makes you think it's an upgrade? Unless you're going to an 06-07 STI.
    Just a newer body style and newer interior than my 02. But yeah, I wouldn't really call it an upgrade. I think that's the point I was
    getting at. Almost what's the point in selling my 02 to get an 06. More i think about it that doesn't really seem worth it. But getting
    a newer 2010-2013 wrx would be an "upgrade"

Just need to make sure I can afford the payment.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just a newer body style and newer interior than my 02. But yeah, I wouldn't really call it an upgrade. I think that's the point I was
    getting at. Almost what's the point in selling my 02 to get an 06. More i think about it that doesn't really seem worth it. But getting
    a newer 2010-2013 wrx would be an "upgrade"

Just need to make sure I can afford the payment.
    02-07 are the same body style with varying interior styles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.