Questions on complete turbo kit install?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Questions on complete turbo kit install? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay so I own a 2004 subaru wrx it is not the sti and is not turboed. I do want ...

Exclamation Questions on complete turbo kit install?

Okay so I own a 2004 subaru wrx it is not the sti and is not turboed. I do want to turbo it though. I have bought the up pipe,down pipe,turbo,top mount intercooler with pipes and all gaskets to go with. My question is do I need to buy oil lines and coolant line for this? If I do can anyone tell me where to buy them and how to hook them up? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The WRX was turbo charged from the factory, so you must be confused about something. To do it right, you will also need the longblock, wiring harness, ECU, as well as the oil and coolant lines. The N/A block was not made to be boosted and won't handle near what a stock turbo block would.

i wasnt aware there was an american 'wrx' w/o a turbo

Yes the model/style wrx I have was only made those 2years. I will try to post pictures tomarrow but all it has is a cold air intake.

If it's a WRX, it already has a turbo..

..unless maybe you're in Japan?

I'm not in Japan. I am from America but the car could be from Japan. In Japan they did make non turboed and turboed wrx's.

I just need some help on where the oil and coolant lines will go and what to get?

Yes.. in Japan they called the base model Impreza the "WRX NA" whereas the turbo model was the "WRX NB".

I'm not sure how you could have ended up with a Japanese car without knowing it.. their steering wheel is on the right side instead of the left like we have in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I just need some help on where the oil and coolant lines will go and what to get?

Just knowing that won't do you any good.. how do you plan on tuning the car?

For what it's worth, the coolant lines go from the upper coolant reservoir to the turbo and back, and the oil line goes to the turbo, and the oil return line goes back to the engine.

Lol I know this seems crazy. But I swear this car is not turboed. Where the top intercooler goes is a cold air intake coming off. In the back left of the motor(when looking from the front) there is a big hole you can obviously tell its for the turbo and down pipe. I will post pictures tomarrow for you so you can see. Everything is stock still as far as I know.

I will take it to a local shop to be tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I will take it to a local shop to be tuned

How are they going to tune it? A N/A ECU doesn't even have the tables needed to tune a turbo.

You know there were Imprezas sold in the US called the 2.5RS that were non-turbo right? Are you sure you don't have one of those? They look the same as a WRX, only without the hood scoop, and the engine is completely different.

Wait no I had no idea of that. And yes mine dose not have a hood scoop. Hmmm....where can I find info on this model then? Also do you believe my manifolds will still fit? Or are these engines on 2different levels

I Support ClubWRX
    What does your title and registration say?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

All the title says is that it's a 2004 subaru 4 door

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast