Questions on complete turbo kit install? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Questions on complete turbo kit install? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum: RS25.com would probably be a good place to start. What manifolds? You never said ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum: RS25.com would probably be a good place to start.

What manifolds? You never said anything about different manifolds. Most different intake and exhaust manifolds should fit. Pretty much everything on these cars is interchangeable.

The thing is, the engine in the 2004 2.5RS is an ej251, not the ej205 found in the 02-05 WRX. The ej251 is a single overhead cam engine with 10:1 compression ratio. It is an open deck case and not built to withstand boost. I have never looked much into boosting a non-turbo engine (mainly because you would be better off just replacing the whole thing), but generally you can run up to about 5psi without blowing it up right away. It still wouldn't be reliable, and like I already stated, you don't have the wiring or ECU required to run and tune a turbo charged engine.

If you're intent on turbo charging the most sensible thing to do would be to sell it and buy an actual WRX. Second option would be to replace the entire engine/wiring/ECU with one out of a wrecked WRX. Third option would be to continue down the road you're on.. I'm sure there are threads on rs25 about boosting, but this will most likely end up being the most expensive and least reliable option in the end.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    All the title says is that it's a 2004 subaru 4 door
    You should check your VIN. That will tell you what the car is supposed to be.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Yes just checked the vin and it is a subaru impreza 2.5rs

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes just checked the vin and it is a subaru impreza 2.5rs
    What did you pay for it? If they sold it to you as a WRX, I'd take it back.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    What did you pay for it? If they sold it to you as a WRX, I'd take it back.

+1

Okay we'll I'm looking at running about 5psi on the turbo. Can I buy wrx parts to fit this? Like oil lines and coolant lines? Plus just other wrx parts

The car is not made for that. The brakes, drive train, suspension just to name a few. To install a turbo halfway properly requires wiring, ECU, all the tubing for oil and cooling, probably a new larger radiator, fuel pump and injectors ... there's just no end to it. I'd suggest to sell it and find an actual WRX. I don't think you'll ever get that off the ground with any reasonable cost and acceptable result. I'm well aware you already spent a bunch of money, so it's time to cut the losses, but you live and learn...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

wut?!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Sorry bro
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Okay we'll I'm looking at running about 5psi on the turbo. Can I buy wrx parts to fit this? Like oil lines and coolant lines? Plus just other wrx parts
    You're in for a world of hurt here. I'd cut your losses and look towards some suspension and braking mods as opposed to power mods because popping a turbo onto an engine that isn't meant to have a turbo is a bad idea. When Mainframe mentioned Open Deck, it basically means the walls of the engine aren't solidly cast like the turbo engine's walls are. It won't reliably handle boost in the long run, because it's not meant to. Go ahead and run 5psi from a turbo and spend a ton more money than is worth it, because it's still gonna be slow.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Lol I'm not selling it if I'm only pushing 5 psi it will be fine without a ecu. There are kits straight from factor that is made to push 6. So if you here too just say oh go get a wrx stop replying! You all think I'm trying to make a super car or something? The drivetrain will be fine and brakes will be fine? If you here just to say get ride of it get off your not helping anything I don't care if its slow?wtf?

Go get a WRX.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

What are you trying to build a super car or something?

The point that people were trying to make is that you'll be dumping a lot of money into it to turbo it, and it still won't be as reliable as a stock WRX, with maybe the same power.

You could either dump a ton of money into it or spend less and get rid of it and buy a WRX. Your choice. No one here is going to strong arm you into anything, but don't get mad when people give honest, truthful, helpful information and it's not what you want to hear.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast