New Member,looking to buy a 06 Sti
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Member,looking to buy a 06 Sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; not new to fast cars but most of my cars have been muscle cars,I am looking at a 06 sti ...

New Member,looking to buy a 06 Sti

not new to fast cars but most of my cars have been muscle cars,I am looking at a 06 sti and do not know what to look for as far as if the car was upgraded correctly.It is listed on cl 3720961038 in Harrisburg PA.Looks like it has a fmic,met injection,Intake,boost controller,turbo back ex.I guess open source tune.Owner says it runs great he bought the car with all of the upgrades already installed.What should I look for or ask about,any help would be helpful.
    thanks,Randy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check in the upper right on this screen, there's a search function. There is plenty of info on the subject, just look for car buying ...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

i would never buy a modded subaru. especially if the person you are buying from didnt even do the work himself.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2005 Subaru WRX STI-Low Miles!

That hood is ugly imo.

It's got a lot of mods and no mention of who tuned it. I also wonder what type of boost controller it is.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I would steer very far away from a heavily modded car. Just my $0.02
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Man I hate those ASA wheels. Oh wait...that's what I have as my winter wheels.

But yeah...I wouldn't buy a heavily modded car like that without knowing exactly what's on it. Especially when getting into something as invasive as a Meth Kit...do you even know where it was tuned?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

The guy is telling me he purchased it from a dealer in NJ,he has only put about 3k miles on it.Dealership told him a older guy traded on a new truck? He doesnt know who tuned it.yeah i know i should walk away but It really looks clean i might go look at it Friday afternoon,did not know if any of you guys knew anything about the car.Really hard to find a 04-07 sti that has not been modded at all! especially with low miles.

You're right, it is hard to find that.....but well worth the wait my friend.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by Randy427 View Post
    The guy is telling me he purchased it from a dealer in NJ,he has only put about 3k miles on it.Dealership told him a older guy traded on a new truck? He doesnt know who tuned it.yeah i know i should walk away but It really looks clean i might go look at it Friday afternoon,did not know if any of you guys knew anything about the car.Really hard to find a 04-07 sti that has not been modded at all! especially with low miles.
    If he is selling it after only putting 3k miles on it, I would bet money (if I had any) that it is a disaster and he wants to unload it.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

RUN ... don't walk... In time you'll find better for the money!
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    If he is selling it after only putting 3k miles on it, I would bet money (if I had any) that it is a disaster and he wants to unload it.
    Yeah i know what you mean,of course he is telling me he needs to sell it because he needs a truck for his new job.and there isnt anything wrong with it.I dont know, i would really like it to be like he is saying,BUT i guess i will go and see what i can find out about it.It is about 1 1/2 hour drive one way.I asked him about how much boost it is running he said never over 15 ? It has a boost controller also said he doesnt use the meth injection? BUT has 2 containers of the 50/50 mix if i want it with the car.Like i said i will have to take a run down and drive it and see what i can find out?

15lbs of boost? Thats basically Stage 2 WRX boost...not even STI Stage 1 levels. Something ain't right. I wouldn't even waste your time or gas to go see this thing. Especially if he's playing with boost controllers...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

So i had to go look at the car,looked really clean.Drove in 10 miles,wot left off let in coast,no surprises.Clutch felt good shifted great.What he thought was a boost control was a defi link control for the gauges! has a hi flow cat, and the boost gauge wasn't working.Left it sit and idle for some time seemed ok.My question is if I did buy this do you think it would be ok to drive about 1 hour to CBRD to get it re tuned?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy427 View Post
    My question is if I did buy this do you think it would be ok to drive about 1 hour to CBRD to get it re tuned?
    ask the guy you are buying it from. you arent listening to our advice anyway :P

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    ask the guy you are buying it from. you arent listening to our advice anyway :P
    Just the reply I expected,thanks I know who I a dealing with now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.