Just picked up an '06 WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just picked up an '06 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'll just keep this to the intro part, and post up pics in the Photography section. My name is Kevin, ...

Just picked up an '06 WRX

I'll just keep this to the intro part, and post up pics in the Photography section. My name is Kevin, I'm up here in Denver, stationed at Buckley AFB. I work on computers, nothing too glamorous (if they know your name, its a bad thing) and I've got a wife and son. I'm 22, and traded in my 2002 BMW 330i on this red beauty (of which I don't think I've ever seen a clone) and have been steadily surprised as I've been driving it and learning more about it. I've already got quite a few aftermarket go-fast bits and a squeaky clean bill of health save for a small exhaust leak somewhere that's getting fixed this weekend or next. Absolute blast to drive, and powering around town like a madman even jsut to 5 over is immensely fun! A very clean car, and I absolutely love the red on tan color combo!

So, here's a broadside of her:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and congrats!! Good lookin car, what's been done to it?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Welcome! likin the red

Thanks all, I also love the color, you don't seem to see many red ones.

So far, its got a 3" turbo-back exhaust, massive top mount intercooler, Turbosmart BOV, and factory intake/ turbo. I'm replacing the spark plugs and changing the oil in the next few days, and hopefully this weekend tracking down the small exhaust leak I've got, and hopefully getting a tune on it before the end of the month. I'm loving every minute of driving it so far, that's for sure!

And the sound... oh the sound!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome! the previous owner has no tune at all?

i wouldnt drive the car until you are able to get tuned

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Went to edit, found a reply! I hope so too, but I'm not going to risk it. Once I relaized the extent of its parts, I've made sure to stay out of it for the most part, since I've been seeing that you need to tune after just an exhaust, much less a catless DP.

Here is the link to the picture post, for all the pics Ive got of it so far.

linky

Quick update: After perusing the forums again at work, I realized that I do NOT have a CEL, therefore I either have resistors pretending to be O2 sensors, or a tune. So that's potentially nice.

I'll be confirming whether my o2 sensors are functional tomorrow, and my fingers are crossed they they are.

Please explain. A CEL is a "check engine light" and is a light in the dash. If it's on then there is a CEL. If it's not on then there is no CEL. A resistor or tune would keep that particular code from popping up, the CEL light is still operational for any other issues. I don't mean to be bad, just don't quite understand...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I think he's saying that since he doesn't have a CEL, it either means that the car has been tuned or that there is a resistor in place. So if there isn't a resistor, than it would mean that the car has been tuned.

Bingo, Monk_Knight. I guess my phrasing might have been a bit off, but Monk hit it on the head for me. I do, in fact, have a CEL light on the dash, but it is not currently illuminated due to codes being thrown.

I'm definitely hoping its a tune. Either way, its getting one from MAC Autosports here in Denver at the end of the month. If its not got a tune, I've got a second car so no worries there, either.

Alright. sounds good. BTW, welcome to this forum. I started here after I got my modded 09, so I was a little late to the party. But the car I got turned out good, if I had gone the other way around, like most, I'd probably have left this one.

If you had modded it yourself you'd have left it? Thanks for the welcome, there seems to be alot of Colorado folks on here

No, the going mindset here is that a car that's already modded should be left... I bought a modified one, and got lucky.

Ah. I had my mechanic with me, and he was surprised to see the supporting mods but no turbo, in a good way. Did all his checking and stuff and I'm very happy with it myself, too.

Edit: Heck, I had popped the hood and when he said "Well this isn't stock" I fully expected to see a ratted out POS that someone traded in before it grenaded, but all his preliminary check came up with was an exhaust elak, and back at his shop its confirmed that was about it, and that there wasn't anything that jumped out as done incorrectly. I'm hoping that still stands when the speed shop looks at it and tunes it, as well.
    Last edited by FOOBAR; 05-14-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast