Need help

This is a discussion on Need help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 2003 bugeye and I did an oil change about a month and a half ago. I drove ...

Need help

I have a 2003 bugeye and I did an oil change about a month and a half ago. I drove the car to TX and back then packed it for a week but I decided to check my oil before I drove it again and my deepstick had no oil on there. I cranked the engine to see if any oil would get on the deepstick but none did. Can someone or anyone help me figure out what might have caused that? There are no oil drops or signs of a leak. Any help or advise will be appriciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Since we don't know the distance between your location and TX we don't know how far you drove. How far did you drive between checking the oil?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sounds like you have an internal issue. You get any burning of oil out the exhaust?

I Support ClubWRX
    Depending on how far TX is, there may be no problem at all.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
    Sounds like you have an internal issue. You get any burning of oil out the exhaust?
    About 600 miles each way but it's not my first time driving it to tx. Never did that before tho

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba316 View Post
    I have a 2003 bugeye and I did an oil change about a month and a half ago. I drove the car to TX and back then packed it for a week but I decided to check my oil before I drove it again and my deepstick had no oil on there. I cranked the engine to see if any oil would get on the deepstick but none did. Can someone or anyone help me figure out what might have caused that? There are no oil drops or signs of a leak. Any help or advise will be appriciated.
    Drive 600 mile each way

What's you engine mileage? My 35K Mls engine is not burning any perceptible amount of oil between changes, it's still at full after a little over 3K since last change. Maybe your engine is getting there... First order is to bring the oil level to where it needs to be. Nothing kills an engine faster than running out of oil! Then check and re-check. See how consumption is, provided there's no obvious problem. If consumption is high, suspect oil rings (piston) or turbo, maybe valve seals (guides). Maybe it's time for a re-build.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Do an oil change. Get under there and see how much drains out of the pan. It's not uncommon for WRXs, especially the older ones, to burn upwards of a quart of oil ever 1000 miles.

Pull the intercooler off and see if there's any oil in there. Also, are you seeing any smoke or smelling any oil burning?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

My mileage is about 110xxx and no burning of oil out my exhaust. I thought that is was time for a rebuild too lol. I'll check my turbo and other stuff out. I always check my oil cause it's just in me to do so and beside at my job we gotta check our fluids on all company vehicle before we use it. That habbit I brought home with me. Anyways thanks for the help and I will keep you guys updated. One love

Mikie13 nothing you mentioned is going on. I plan on draining the pan when I get home for sure. That was the first place I was gonna start.