Hello new to the forum - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hello new to the forum within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rex 14u Hi hope you like ny 98 That car is awesome! love the color and wheels!...

Quote Originally Posted by rex 14u View Post
    Hi hope you like ny 98
    That car is awesome! love the color and wheels!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyWRX View Post
    Oh really? I asked the guy what was legal before I had it put on, I used to live in Michigan and it was pretty strict about having very light tint on the fronts, and he told me. I could be wrong on the number but that number sticks out when I talked to him. Haven't got pulled over yet, knock on wood, about speeding or tint!! Cops are all over around here and thankfully I haven't had any warnings. Thanks for the heads up!
    Ohio Window Tint Law
    Ohio Window Tint Law Enacted: 2004

OHIO WINDOW TINT LAW ALLOWS THE FOLLOWING DARKNESS FOR CAR WINDOW TINTING
    The darkness of tint is measured by (VLT%) Visible Light Transmission percentage. In Ohio window tint law, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed to pass through the combination of film and the factory tint of the window.

Here is what is allowed in Ohio window tint law:

Windshield: Must allow more than a total of 70% light in. Transmission through glass.
    Front Side Windows: Must allow more than a total of 50% light in. Transmission through glass.

Back Side Windows: Any VLT can be applied legally on this window.
    Rear Window: Any VLT can be applied legally on this window.
    HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE ON AUTO WINDOWS ACCORDING TO OHIO WINDOW TINT LAW?
    Tinting film can contain metallic elements (silver mirror look) that help to reflect incoming light and reject the glare and heat generated by visible light.

Front Side Windows: No metallic or mirrored appearance.
    Back Side Windows: No metallic or mirrored appearance.
    OTHER OHIO RULES AND REGULATIONS
    Restricted Colors: The tint colors of RED YELLOW are not allowed by state law.
    Side Mirrors Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
    Certificate Requirements: Manufacturers of film need to certify the film they sell in the state. Ask your dealer if they are using certified film.
    Sticker Requirements : The sticker to identify legal tinting is required between the film and glass on each tinted window.
    Medical Exemption: Ohio window tint law allows medical exemptions for special tint.
    Last edited by josnroh; 05-14-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I love me some red WRX, thats for sure. Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    Ohio Window Tint Law
    Ohio Window Tint Law Enacted: 2004

OHIO WINDOW TINT LAW ALLOWS THE FOLLOWING DARKNESS FOR CAR WINDOW TINTING
    The darkness of tint is measured by (VLT%) Visible Light Transmission percentage. In Ohio window tint law, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed to pass through the combination of film and the factory tint of the window.

Here is what is allowed in Ohio window tint law:

Windshield: Must allow more than a total of 70% light in. Transmission through glass.
    Front Side Windows: Must allow more than a total of 50% light in. Transmission through glass.

Back Side Windows: Any VLT can be applied legally on this window.
    Rear Window: Any VLT can be applied legally on this window.
    HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE ON AUTO WINDOWS ACCORDING TO OHIO WINDOW TINT LAW?
    Tinting film can contain metallic elements (silver mirror look) that help to reflect incoming light and reject the glare and heat generated by visible light.

Front Side Windows: No metallic or mirrored appearance.
    Back Side Windows: No metallic or mirrored appearance.
    OTHER OHIO RULES AND REGULATIONS
    Restricted Colors: The tint colors of RED YELLOW are not allowed by state law.
    Side Mirrors Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
    Certificate Requirements: Manufacturers of film need to certify the film they sell in the state. Ask your dealer if they are using certified film.
    Sticker Requirements : The sticker to identify legal tinting is required between the film and glass on each tinted window.
    Medical Exemption: Ohio window tint law allows medical exemptions for special tint.
    I guess I have a medical condition!

Quote Originally Posted by FOOBAR View Post
    I love me some red WRX, thats for sure. Looks great!
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12