new wrx

This is a discussion on new wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, thought I would post some pics of my WRX and previous cars. First car I owned was a 1989 ...

new wrx

Hey,

thought I would post some pics of my WRX and previous cars.

First car I owned was a 1989 holden commodore. Around 2750lbs and 167hp. RWD a really nice car.. Sorry no photo it was pre-digital camera era

Second car was a 2006 manual mitsubishi, basic but it was well built and generally a nice car.. very good on gas
    Attachment 113803

Around the same time I got a 1995 5.7l v8 chevy silverado, I still have this car, its actually extremely practical despite being slammed.. very reliable over 200k miles
    Attachment 113809

I sold the mitsubishi and bought a 2001 v6 auto camaro which was a piece of junk. RWD was nice and much less body roll than my WRX, but it was horribly unreliable..
    Attachment 113804

The Camaro expired at around 100,000miles and I bought the WRX..
    Attachment 113802
    Attachment 113807
    Attachment 113808

I put on a nameless 5 inch muffler axle back. Here are the before and after pics.. The muffler sounds nice but is very asymmetrical - one side sits much higher than the other (don't think you can see it in the photo from that angle). I straightened them out a couple of times but seems they creep back to the same position.. Perhaps if I had got the polyurethane hangers they would shift back more slowly?? I did have to deaden the trunk to stop reverberation from the metal below the spare tire (which was driving me crazy). I have been on a 20 hour round trip drive since putting them on and I am pretty happy

Attachment 113805
    Attachment 113800
    Attachment 113806

I got a chance to see the new prototype at the NY motor show (sorry not a great shot)

Attachment 113801

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! Nice intro post!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Welcome. Nice post

Thanks, I know I am preaching to the choir but the car is absolutely amazing.. even highway driving is fun. I drove from Long Island to Columbus with the car - normally I would get tried and need to stop but aside from getting gas I did the whole thing straight and felt fantastic. I test drove an EVO X twice before I bought this car and came real close to getting that - but I am glad I didn't.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice post and nice car. I had a 64 V6 Firebird @ 220,400. I was tempted to get the Nameless but when I got mine they didnt have as many options. I have my SPT and am very happy with it. Good luck with the car.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Yeah, I have heard the SPT is very nice.

I did actually find an old picture of my Commodore towards the end of its life. They really don't look like much but they are fun to drive. The new commodores were badged here in the US as G8s and one of the coupes was badged as the GTO ...

Attachment 113829