New to Forum, stuck between 2 '06 wrx's

This is a discussion on New to Forum, stuck between 2 '06 wrx's within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First I'll introduce myself.. Name is Don and im 23 from long island new york...however, the army has me stationed ...

New to Forum, stuck between 2 '06 wrx's

First I'll introduce myself.. Name is Don and im 23 from long island new york...however, the army has me stationed in colorado springs, colorado.

im looking at two similar 06 Wrx's.
    first one is a Blue pearl WRX, with 86k miles. asking price is 14.3k.
    second is also Blue pearl, but is a TR with 106k miles approx. asking is around 11.5k

the first has no mods, completely stock. however, has some cracking and scratches in the paint, nothing too serious... HOWEVER..front drivers side bumper i notice has slight gapping, and according to carfax, the owner before this one had gotten into an accident. i have spoken with a business that does on site inspections, he said a 300-point inspection...im wondering if this will be good enough to determine if the car has any serious problems...or should i have the car taken to a shop and put on a lift? i test drove it today, and loved it. im just a little skeeved out about the past accident.

second car i dont know much about yet, ill be seeing it next weekend hopefully.

is the first cars owner asking too much, with the car having been in an accident?
    not only that...but should i think i should ask him to knock down the price, due to the 90k mile services that are required. speaking of which...anyone have any idea how much that costs? ballpark?

and on a seperate note, miles vs price which would you guys think is more efficient?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

and to add...the first one has an engine code p 2444...something about the secondary air injection switching valve being stuck open...is this something serious?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I am definitely not liking the sound of the first one. Yes the miles are lower but like you said, you're going to have maintenance due soon (timing belt most importantly). The accident and CEL are also not something to be excited about.

Here is a thread on that CEL 2006 WRX: P2444 Secondary Air Pump Stuck On - NASIOC

Even though the 2nd one has more miles, if its stock and has had the timing belt done I'd go with that one

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I'd look more into the second one personally... The secondary air pump failed in my 06 and I took it into the dealer to see how much it would be to fix and they qoated me 1200 to fix it... After doing some research online I found out you can buy blocking plated that go on the heads and remove the system itself... You will have to pull the map off the ecu and delete the 15 dtc codes to get rid of the CEL...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257