P0302 flashing CEL

This is a discussion on P0302 flashing CEL within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So the other day i was driving on the highway doing 80, no real load just cruising. When i went ...

Red face P0302 flashing CEL

So the other day i was driving on the highway doing 80, no real load just cruising. When i went to give it some more the car hesitated then through a flashing CEL. Car began to have very rough idle, but was very smooth under a load. No smoke, no lack or performance, nothing is being consumed. I pulled the codes and i have 3 for miss fires. Cyl 2-4. I changed the plugs with NGK plugs, left me with Cyl 2 miss fire. I undid the wire to the coil thinking it had a bad coil. Once unplugged there was no difference in the idle. Following morning i replaced Cyl 2 coil. That did nothing. When engine is under a load, the light stays steady, once off the load goes back to flashing. i read about ring land and starting looking into that, did a compression test, Cyl 1 3 4 was around 100 and Cyl 2 was 25. I checked for blow back and there isnt any of that either. I just changed the oil and there wasnt a trace of coolant or gas or metal shaving in it I always use mobile 1 syn 5w-30. I'm starting to think its a stuck valve. Please help out with any ideas.

02 WRX 165XXX 35k on rebuild
    STI IHI turbo
    JDM injectors
    3in Catless TBE
    SPT intake
    XPT open source tune
    Forge Blow Off Valve
    93 octane every tank but 2 tanks
    oil changed every 3k

What ive tried-
    Compression test
    octane booster
    injector clear
    ValveMedic
    Seafoam- vacuum line/crank case/ intake
    Clean PCV
    Clean MAF

What i was thinking on trying
    Pressure Cyl 2 to see if it holds
    Bars Head gasket fix
    And if that all failed, finding a cliff. Please help me out running out of ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Ive tired all of that but a leak down test. Im planning on doing that today. And ideas on how to find TDC? and Im leaning to Valve problem. Any good addidtives that actually work to un stick a stuck valve?