Hello all. Just bought 2006 WRX Wagon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello all. Just bought 2006 WRX Wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, I just was lucky enough to buy a 2006 WRX wagon in silver. I just bought it today ...

Hello all. Just bought 2006 WRX Wagon

Hello everyone,

I just was lucky enough to buy a 2006 WRX wagon in silver. I just bought it today about 6 hours ago or so. i have never owned a a suby before or a turboed car, i owned two hondas and a ford. i'm still very new to the car scene and learning to modify stuff so i will probably have a lot of "dumb questions" but i would rather ask it and look dumb then mess up my car. I drove 3 hours to pick it up and 3 hours back to bring it back home and in the 3 hours of driving i loved every second of it. I love having the space of the wagon and it has 86,000 miles on it. When i brought it back to get it inspected in my state it didnt pass, needs two new CV boots ( i think thats what they are called, not the most mechanically inclined person but i love to learn about cars and what things do.) So they said i should have to back tomorrow morning good as new. I have a few questions if you guys could help me out please and thank you.

1. What else should i be worried about with 86000 miles on the car? i've heard timing belt can cause problems? It's going to a reliable family mechanic friday and is there anything i should tell him to keep an eye out for?
    2. Can the stock fuel system handle the cobb stage two kit? or should i upgrade it before? i mean i've never owned a turbo car before as previously stated and i don't want to damage anything. I've also been told fuel is a big issue with turboed cars need to keep them fueled and all, properly.
    3.I drove my friends 2011 STI when he had it and the transmission (shift knob?) shook on that, it also shakes (the transmission shift knob) in my WRX im guessing that's normal? i'm so not used to it the car i drove previously didn't shake at all. i'm guessing because its AWD and/or more solid?
    4.Also for having 86k miles the clutch feels really stiff, maybe its just me or i'm not use to it and such. I can't really tell if its aftermarket or not. I don't know it could just be me.
    5. I reserve the right to have more. LOL

Future mods

Cobb Stage 2 kit, Cobb intake, Cobb Sway bars, Rally Light bar with some LED lights, Roof Rake with some more lights. mud flapps. I need some wheels these messed up but i need some more research before i get some any good suggestions? i like the STI wheels alot. Eventually brembo brakes hopefully, i would love to but god knows i need some $$$$ for that lol.

Thats all i got for now. im sure after exploring the forums i will get more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    1. The manual states the timing belt should be changed every 105K Miles or 7 years. A leak down/ compression test is always a good idea.
    2. It depends on who's talking. Some tuners recommend a fuel pump for OTS Stage 2, some don't. Injectors aren't needed until turbo upgrades start. Do LOTS of research before you go out and buy. Use Google or search on the forum here.
    3. Most people recommend changing out the stock shifter bushings for Kartboy ones because they are smoother to shift with, but if installed improperly, they can cause shaking like that.
    4. Subarus are known for their stiff clutches. My sister drove my car and she had a lot of trouble at first (she came from a 5spd Hyundai Accent)

Welcome and congrats!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Thank you for all your help! Yeah i'm going to start researching everything i can. I wanna know everything about my car. What to do, what has been done, and what works best, etc etc.

Welcome and congrats on the purchase!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.