A Few More Days...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on A Few More Days... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys and gals, I just registered for this site in anticipation of my future purchase. I am leaning toward ...

A Few More Days...

Hi guys and gals, I just registered for this site in anticipation of my future purchase. I am leaning toward a 2013 WRX premium WRB sedan but I still have to see/drive it to be certain. I have been doing a lot of research and I have surely decided on a WRX or STI, just not 100% on which way to go. I don't believe I need the STI but I'll know for sure when I get to the dealership. I drive a truck for a living so I am on the road constantly, but I am supposed to be home in a few days.

I have always been a sports car guy, but I currently have a 2011 Tacoma TRD. It's a great truck, and I bought it specifically to haul my bike to the racetrack, but after seeing a thread on here showing the trailer hitch installation I have decided that a Kendon single bike trailer behind a WRX would do just fine for me.

I just picked this up last time I was home, are there any more bike enthusiasts here? It's a 2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC

Looking forward to getting into the car and anxious to hear from anyone who tows a bike with the car as well...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the forum!

(that's all i got for ya though sorry)
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Holy crap that bike is gorgeous!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Welcome! Holy crap that bike is gorgeous!
    ^ that too
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

I've had my WRX for a grand total of 4 days. Loving it so far. I too debated between the WRX and STI. Decided to save some $ and go with the WRX. Was planning on a Premium or Limited, but would have had to wait to long to get one in the WR Blue, so I got the base model and am having the factory options I really wanted added this week.
    I'm also a bike enthusiast. I've got 2 Moto Guzzi's and the wife rides a Ducati Monster. We are obviously partial to Italian machinery That is a beautiful Aprilia! I'm a big fan of Aprilia's too. Almost got the wife a Shiver instead of the Monster (monster seat height is lower), and I debated getting a Tuono instead of my Griso.
    Good luck with the purchase decision!
    Kevin
    2013 WRB WRX Base, with growing list of mods

I am most likely going to stick with the WRX simply because I don't need the upgrades that the STI offers and the price difference is surely a consideration. The car I am interested in is in stock in Central Florida, at least for now. Hopefully it will still be there when I make it home.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/motorcycle-discussion/

I'm not into bikes, but the forum does have a bike sub-section in the off topic area. Gorgeous bike though!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    I bought my 13 WRX Premium Sedan, in satin white pearl on Friday. I'm still in the break in process, and I can say it's easily the best car I've owned so far. (priors: 03 Sentra Spec V, 09 Civic Si, 08 350z)

If it's your daily driver, go with the WRX. To me, it was a little more adult looking and the 5 speed is a pleasure to DD.

Aside from the differentials, you can make the WRX more than comparable to the STI with less money.

That's seems to be the popular opinion, and I think I agree with it. Hopefully I'll be able to say the same thing about it after I get it. My previous rides include:
    1984 Nissan Stanza…First car, did its' job
    1983 Mitsubishi Starion turbo…Pretty cool car for its' day
    1991 Honda Crx Si…My favorite car to this day
    1994 Integra Gs-r…Good car, was wrecked before I bought it and it never drove right
    1993 Mazda Rx-7 R1…Fun car, terrible gas mileage and not the best build quality
    1999 Honda Civic Si…First new car
    2002 Honda S2000 AP1…Great car if you have 2 cars, not a great DD
    2007 Civic Si…Another good Honda
    2008 BMW 328i…Rock solid, great fuel mileage, just a very nice car. I'd own another
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T…Big mistake, should have bought the Mustang
    2011 Mustang GT Prem…Brembo, 3.73's, Very fun car, and a great sound

Now I'm in the Tacoma, but I need to get back into a sports car, can't stand automatics

For a daily driver the WRX is hard to beat. I'm not going to lie, I get a littel STI envy when I see one driving down the road, but once a start driving my WRX I realize it's plenty of car for me. I drove a truck before my WRX too. The utlity of my truck was great but I'm not sure I could go back. I don't know how much gear you haul around with your bike but you might consdier a hatchback for convience.

I'll have to see when I get to the dealership. I prefer the look of the sedan but things change in person sometimes.

And I just saw your avatar in another thread and was going to ask about it there, but saw you had your own. No question needed, and glad I stopped in! That Aprilla is schmecksy!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Thanks for the compliment, I was very fortunate to find this one for an extremely good price. I have an Austin Racing GP2R and Aprilia race ECU waiting for me at home as well. I'll make a sound clip when I get home, should sound amazing.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I WANNA HEAR FAST BIKE!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

My few days has turned into almost a week. After going to the dealership on Saturday, I couldn't stop looking at and thinking about the STi, so I decided to go that route. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the deal I was hoping for so I had to walk out. On Monday, I gave them a call and they hit me with some much better figures, but it was on a car that they had to trade for, not in their inventory. I decided to sleep on it, and Tuesday I called them in the morning to let them know I was committed. They assured me the car would be at their dealership Wednesday morning, but an issue with the transport company prevented that. They again assured me that the car would be there Thursday morning, but now my dilemma is that I have to go back out on the road for 5-6 weeks on the same day. So, do I buy the car and drive it for 1/2 a day, knowing it will be there when I come home, or do I wait until my next trip home?

As a side note, I got the exhaust mounted up and the Race ECU installed on my bike. Looks great and sounds/rides even better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.