New owner of a 2012 WRX

This is a discussion on New owner of a 2012 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I just bought a 2012 WRX with 19,000 miles on it and the check engine light, traction control ...

New owner of a 2012 WRX

Hey guys, I just bought a 2012 WRX with 19,000 miles on it and the check engine light, traction control light are on with the cruise control light flashing. I took a code reader to it and the code p2610 came up witch is the ECM/PCM. Does anyone know why this would come on? Or what I should do? The car is still under the original manufacturers warranty. I also have 10 more days to take the car back. So what should I do????

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Take it back.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User Subiesaurus-WRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Take it back.
    ^^^^ this
    2013 WRX PBP

+ 1

Screwed
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

Bring it back. You can always get another one. Just curious..did you do a carfax on it before you bought it?

Its a no brainer bring it back ASAP!!

Sent from Note 2

Yes I did and it was clean with no problems stated on the carfax

The car is still at the dealers in the shop, tomorrow I will know exactly what happened and why by the professional Subaru mechanics. But I am returning the car tomorrow as well to get a brand new one if in stock.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Good call.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

So here's the update. The car had a bad relay and the part is being ordered. I did order a brand new car which should be here around June. So in the meantime I get to drive the 2012 until I get the 2013 in.
    Thanks for all the opinions!