Weird noise has me worried

This is a discussion on Weird noise has me worried within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys i have a 2007 wrx with 41k and i have just noticed today that when in reverse while ...

Weird noise has me worried

Hey guys i have a 2007 wrx with 41k and i have just noticed today that when in reverse while the clutch is engaging i hear a grinding noise. The noise is hard to explain but it just sounds like a deep, scraping metal sound. It doesnt sound good but like i said, it's only happening at the point where the clutch engages in reverse..and it sounds like its coming from the rear of the car. Once you get the car rolling in reverse past the point of engagement there is no more grind it's just the actual clutch itself engaging when you hear the grind. No grind in first. And just did tranny and rear differential fluid with subaru extra s. Any help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mine did that last night and then went away...bugeye gremlins..
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Could it be...someone else with a grinding rear diff???
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by subrahru View Post
    Hey guys i have a 2007 wrx with 41k and i have just noticed today that when in reverse while the clutch is engaging i hear a grinding noise. The noise is hard to explain but it just sounds like a deep, scraping metal sound. It doesnt sound good but like i said, it's only happening at the point where the clutch engages in reverse..and it sounds like its coming from the rear of the car. Once you get the car rolling in reverse past the point of engagement there is no more grind it's just the actual clutch itself engaging when you hear the grind. No grind in first. And just did tranny and rear differential fluid with subaru extra s. Any help is appreciated.
    Bet your brakes are dragging.