mechanic needed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on mechanic needed within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys. Im in search of a good mechanic in upper westchester co ny, that wont rip me off. I ...

mechanic needed

Hi guys. Im in search of a good mechanic in upper westchester co ny, that wont rip me off.

I want to change the shifter bushings, and I want to get it done by someone that is not going to rip me off by saying he installed the parts and latter selling them on ebay. Any recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    DIY?

I Support ClubWRX
    DIY? You'll find lots of people who'll do it for you for a 6 pack.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I dont have the space or the time to do it my self, and also I would like to get it done by someone who could give a warranty if anything goes wrong. You never know what could happen with something mechanical like this.

I ordered a cobb short shifter with kartboy front/rear shifter bushings. Got the short shifter yesterday but still waiting on the bushings. I don't have any mechanic background or experience but I've learned to do most things myself from reading up how to do it and watching videos. Its really not that hard and gives you a sense of accomplishment when you're done. I'd highly recommend you just do it yourself and save yourself some money. Also, I don't think you'll find anyone whose gonna install your bushings and give you a warranty for it that's a little far-fetched.

I Support ClubWRX
    The only place that can give you a warranty would be at a dealership.

Post here https://www.facebook.com/groups/subieloveofwestchester/ . Someone should be able to help.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

This video should help you at least familiarize what doing this yourself would entail.

How to install Kartboy Shifter Bushings-2011 Subaru WRX - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by juda93 View Post
    You never know what could happen with something mechanical like this.
    It's not really that mechanical...a couple bolts, and a couple pieces of rubber. I take it you don't like Ikea furniture either?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Is not that, actually I went to a mechanical tech school. and I specialized in Mitsu Fuel injection sys. Is that I dont have tools, space, or time to do the work my self. I go to School (again) full time and work nights and weekend so is more to save time.

is not warranty perce I what I want, is the warranty of a job well done. Done the right way if you understand what I mean.

That makes sense. That being said, I dunno since I'm not from WC NY.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.