TOMORROW!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on TOMORROW! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well last weekend I spent all weekend looking at 2011 wrx's I settled on a red one 19k miles. 25k ...

TOMORROW!

Well last weekend I spent all weekend looking at 2011 wrx's I settled on a red one 19k miles. 25k but also willing to give me a little more on my trade in than everyone else. Gettin ready to make the deal when I realize why not get a new one. longer warranty, maintenince, 0 miles. Well tomorrow Im getting off early and going to my subaru dealer and seeing what they can do price wise on a new wrx. If they can make it work GREAT! if they cant I'm going straight to the other dealer where I have a fairly good deal worked out. Im just glad that tomorrow night I SHOULD be driving home in a wrx. Things always come up. "oh you cant take delivery on the car tonight" things like that. Well tomorrow the deal will be done!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good luck. May I recommend making deal with the internet sales department of your respective dealers? I was able to do 700 below invoice on my 2012 WRX...

Quote Originally Posted by hisdigness View Post
    Good luck. May I recommend making deal with the internet sales department of your respective dealers? I was able to do 700 below invoice on my 2012 WRX...
    Im sure I could do atleast that. I was about to buy one monday for around 1k off but the guy said they dont negotiate much with the white ones as they are "more in demand" so I expect to get at least that plus this dealer already offered me more for my car than the other dealer.

I got my brand new satin white pearl wrx for that. Tell him he is full of poo and walk out. Go online and grab quotes from out of state dealers. Trust me they will call you back. Multiple times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by jimdangles View Post
    Im sure I could do atleast that. I was about to buy one monday for around 1k off but the guy said they dont negotiate much with the white ones as they are "more in demand" so I expect to get at least that plus this dealer already offered me more for my car than the other dealer.
    a thousand off of msrp or below invoice??

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    a thousand off of msrp or below invoice??
    I think I'm about to get schooled. Whats the difference?

Msrp is suggested retail, invoice is what the dealer paid for the vehicle... Or so I think

Is that red one a premium? I picked up an 11 for $25.5k with 13k miles w/nav. If so, 24-25k isn't too bad. The warranty is great, but if you start modifying the car, the warranty may not be worth it. So, if you can find a healthy 11 or 12 you could save yourself a couple grand and may get a few more goodies as well. I know that getting a good price on a new one can happen, but I've heard it can be hard. The local Subaru dealer here sells new base for no less than 27k.
    Last edited by Kwrxp; 04-24-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    '11 WRX DGM

I Support ClubWRX
    OP, where are you located? If you are near the tri state area check out our dealer vendor for pricing.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

i paid 25 OTD for my 2011 with 41k miles ..... should have done more research, but i dont regret the buy

They are all base. Red one has 19k miles. I'm expecting/hoping to be out the door 34k is really my goal. I'm upside down 6700 at most so it will be tough. With tax and license they are gonna need to find around 2k I think

I recommend using Truecar.com to find a new WRX. I used the site and paid below invoice and didn't have to bicker back and forth with the sales rep. Most dealerships participate in the program.

Good luck!
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

If you're going to be that upside down, I'd say go used. Possibly consider a '10 maybe? I just don't see a new wrx with 6700 tacked on under 34k. You may just want to wait, pay until you're even and go for a new 2014/2015. Just my .02
    '11 WRX DGM

IMO, if you that upside down on your current car, pay it off a little more, until you wont be upside down anymore, so that if you can trade it in, or sell if you can make some profit from it and put it as down payment. its never worth being upside down and tacking on that much extra on a loan. 35k is potentially almost a brand new STI

I agree with you guys and if I cant afford it, I will walk and wait, but my car is only gonna lose more value as I am paying it off also. I also currently get 12 mpg or so and I get a little break on my insurance so the way I am looking at it, better sooner than later. Im already upside down. If I keep paying my current loan down it will still be paying interest on my first loan not putting me in a good situation anyways. Im upside down, Ive made my bed, gotta lie in it but the wrx is the better long term car. My current car has 60k miles too so its getting to the point where its gonna depreciate faster.

I checked out truecar.com and printed out some sheets. I would still rather go to the dealer I already have an appointment with but I will use those as bargaining tools. If they aren’t willing to go as low and it saves me 1k to drive 40 miles then its worth it. Looks like tomorrow (actually today now) may not be the day.

What follows is merely opinion, and not meant to be lecturing or attempting to tell anyone what to do.

Financial security is more important to me than having a sports car. If I were in that situation, I'd be looking at a nice cheap reliable car instead.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.