TOMORROW! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on TOMORROW! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Calvinball What follows is merely opinion, and not meant to be lecturing or attempting to tell anyone ...

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    What follows is merely opinion, and not meant to be lecturing or attempting to tell anyone what to do.

Financial security is more important to me than having a sports car. If I were in that situation, I'd be looking at a nice cheap reliable car instead.
    Understood and its not the first time I have heard that but thats kind of another reason I am looking at the wrx. They hold their value like no other car. about 10k into it where im just done paying off my upside down plus taxes and licensing Im almost back to even. Im also hoping to go with a more aggresive finance term to get to that point.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i can certainly understand your desire for the new car, but absolutely EVERY financial adviser/counselor would tell that purchasing a new car in that situation is nuts. no matter how you try to justify it to yourself (or us), the numbers won't and don't add up. just friendly advise, but your far better off driving your current ride for a longer period of time (possibly until it's dead) while you pay it down or off, and save more toward your new car. financial well being will feel better to you than a new car your paying too much for and really can't afford from the get go.

curious, what are you driving now?

i paid 26000 for brand new base 2013 with short shifter fog lights cargo tray and net
    also i got 2000 extra for my trade then any dealer

some dealers want me to charge 27500 + 2000 less for my trade
    25000 for 2011 is way more.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    curious, what are you driving now?
    2007 Dodge charger srt8 super bee edition 65k miles. got 21k for it. kbb says expect to trade it in 21kish

Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post
    i paid 26000 for brand new base 2013 with short shifter fog lights cargo tray and net
    also i got 2000 extra for my trade then any dealer

some dealers want me to charge 27500 + 2000 less for my trade
    25000 for 2011 is way more.
    I did similarly. at like 5 dealerships the most I got quoted for my car was 21500 and the lowest was like 18k so I got 21 which was solid. Got the car for 26300. base model, short shifter, all those normal base add ons but heres the kicker. Yesterday they said they would do a dealer trade. Worked everything out, supposedly sent their truck 80 miles to pick it up and the dealer had it on the lot but sold it i guess. They were really appologetic (of course) I raised my voice once or twice and now they are going to "sweeten the deal" I know he already agreed to adding the roof rack if they found one today but now I am waiting til between the 29th and the 10th) they told me 5th is realistic but I have to go in tomorrow and extend the loaner agreement on the car they let me borrow. With waiting I am also getting my choice of color. before he said there was one white one near and they wouldnt trade, I liked silver just as much so I said ok. Now I have my choice of blue, gray, silver or white. So I have to be patient but I think it is all going to work out well for me. I got approved through my credit union at 3.75% instead of their 6.3. I passed on their 2500 7 year 70k mile warranty and got a 6 year 100k miles for 300 dollars through my credit union and am going to pass on their 795 dollar gap and buy my credit unions 395 dollar gap.

i'd say save your $300 on the credit union extended warranty. not sure what company that warranty is through, but half the time those secondary warranties aren't worth the paper their written on. if you want a warranty, go with a factory warranty. shop around at different dealers and online (here on the forum). you can get a subaru extended warranty much cheaper than the price your dealer gave you.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Y U NO LIEK 6.1L HEMI? Yesterday was Hemi day, after all!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

i'd say save your $300 on the credit union extended warranty. not sure what company that warranty is through, but half the time those secondary warranties aren't worth the paper their written on. if you want a warranty, go with a factory warranty. shop around at different dealers and online (here on the forum). you can get a subaru extended warranty much cheaper than the price your dealer gave you.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    I thought it was International Patents day?

Ya I planned on it. Ill stick with factory warranty for now and in 3/36 when bumper to bumper is over I will re evaluate. 2 cars ago I bought the extended warranty only to NEVER use it. I felt like it was such a waste but it would still be nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    No matter what I did I couldnt get better than 14 mpg. And I had to start thinking about the long run. It had 65k miles on it and I still owed 27k. For the new wrx I will owe somewhere around 32k after all is said and done(im upside down) but at least when I am done paying it off it will still have "relatively" low miles and be worth something. I also get a little insurance break. The charger was also only so much fun in an automatic.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdangles View Post
    No matter what I did I couldnt get better than 14 mpg. And I had to start thinking about the long run. It had 65k miles on it and I still owed 27k. For the new wrx I will owe somewhere around 32k after all is said and done(im upside down) but at least when I am done paying it off it will still have "relatively" low miles and be worth something. I also get a little insurance break. The charger was also only so much fun in an automatic.
    Fair enough! I am a Mopar fan, so I had to ask. I love me a good Hemi, but I can also attest to the appalling gas mileage. Don't blame ya one bit.

@UEDan, It was 4/26, so Mopar adopted it as Hemi day (the most famous version of the street Hemi displaced 426 c.i). I must say, International Patents day is far more interesting to learn about though.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Well yesterday I signed all the papers, picked out which car was mine, got some options thrown in FREE, got my contract done CORRECTLY as they kept trying to trick me out of every penny possible, and now today Im taking the contract to my credit union. get everything all set then all I have to do is pick it up when it arrives. Mine has it been a long ordeal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12