New member '12 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New member '12 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to say hi. I got it new last year and have been enjoying every minute of it. Just ...

New member '12 wrx

Just wanted to say hi. I got it new last year and have been enjoying every minute of it. Just added a Cobb short throw and bushings over the winter and have improved shifting greatly. I did add a hitch for my thule bike rack but don't really consider that a mod. The pic is from when I first got it... I'll try to take more but she is always being used and getting dirty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Curious, why did you opt for the hitch mounted bike rack when you have perfectly good crossbars? Also, beautiful PBP!

Welcome, and OOO nice color. I too have a PBP hatch with roof cross bars. Not to hijack your thread, but I've been debating the hitch+bike rack or bike rack for my roof rack. What made you chose the hitch mounted? Do you like it, does it look ugly sticking out the bottom, and which would you recommend?
    '13 WRX Limited PBP hatch
    2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 Adventure

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by JSS829 View Post
    Curious, why did you opt for the hitch mounted bike rack when you have perfectly good crossbars? Also, beautiful PBP!
    Because my Downhill rig is heavy and akward (39lbs) and even though I work out, after a long day of riding I don't want to chance dropping the bike on my car. It's just easier to hang it off the back.

Quote Originally Posted by mfigge2 View Post
    Welcome, and OOO nice color. I too have a PBP hatch with roof cross bars. Not to hijack your thread, but I've been debating the hitch+bike rack or bike rack for my roof rack. What made you chose the hitch mounted? Do you like it, does it look ugly sticking out the bottom, and which would you recommend?
    If you get the Curt hitch rack it looks good. you cut the point out of the bumper and it looks like it is meant to be there. I'll try to get a pic of it tonight and post in here for you to see it. why I chose it is answered above and I highly reccommend the thule T2 if you have full suspension bikes like I do. I'm 6'4 300 pounds and can lift my bike to the top of the car no problem. I don't do it because I am a Safe Professional and propper lifting techniques cannot be acheived lifting the bike on to the top of the car and I don't want to damage the car if I have a case of clumsiness. I have enough back problems that I do not want to add to it. so I think it is very worth it to get the hitch mount. btw I keep my T2 on almost all the time. So its on the back in the folded up postion.

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Welcome to the forum.
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

Just wanted to say hi
    Last edited by Patrycja88; 04-26-2013 at 06:22 AM.
    great home is a great hlinik

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.